#3 KU at #9 Texas - 3pm, ESPN (REG SEASON FINALE)

Js1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sort of how I thought, but I don’t think winning tourney is good enough think we’d have to beat the right teams and have the right other teams lose across America. 

If we beat KSU and KU to take the Big 12 tournament for the #1 NET conference, very hard to leave us out in favor of UCLA/Arizona, from the 6th best conference. Really feels like it’s KU, Houston and 2 of Purdue/PAC12 tournament winner/Texas if they win the Big 12 tournament/Alabama if they win the SEC tournament 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think we are a lock for a 2 seed unless we lose first round in the conference tourney. Only way we get a 1 imo is if we win the conference tourney. So at worst a 3 seed. I’ll take it.

Likely will be one of WV/OSU or OU. Just glad it won’t be Tech. We SHOULD win that first one 

Edited by Js1

14 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Kansas got just 5 offensive boards off 37 missed field goals. There were plenty to be had, but our guys did a spectacular job in eliminating what had been a major problem for us. Well done. 

And 2 of those were on one possession if I remember correctly. 

Concentrate on rebounding and we win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think we are a lock for a 2 seed unless we lose first round in the conference tourney. Only way we get a 1 imo is if we win the conference tourney. So at worst a 3 seed. I’ll take it.

Nope. We clinched a 2 seed with Baylor and KSU losing today. We have a small chance at #1 if we beat KSU and KU in the tournament. Would need Purdue and Alabama to lose early in their conference tournament.

I feel a little like Mrs. Lincoln right now, instead of "how was the play?" it's:

"Other than that Mr. SL Xpress, how was the regular season?"

That's a great end for a great group of players who never let circumstances dictate their response. I love that they got that win and did it in such dominating fashion on senior night in front of a truly energized crowd. Good stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Think I would rather play Oklahoma State over OU, WV or Tech. OU is playing much better recently. 

Tech ain’t in our bracket. It’s OSU/WV (depending on the outcome of the game in Lubbock right now) or OU 

1 minute ago, Loop 1604 said:

Sadly, RT probably stays now. Needed to lose this game to be sure. 

This meaningless win set back Texas Hoops 5 years or so. 

Yeah that's what set Texas hoops back 5 years. Nothing else major you can point to that happened this season that set the program back. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah that's what set Texas hoops back 5 years. Nothing else major you can point to that happened this season that set the program back. 

Oh, other bad things happened? I had no idea 

Yay, we beat one of the most overrated KU teams of the Bill Self era so we should hire RT! 

Texas athletics is its own worst enemy and it’s obvious how little Bellmont cares about winning championships in the big 3 sports. 

Loser coaches like Sark and RT are what we deserve honestly.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 21

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well he's one of the dumbest posters on this site so wasting time listening to him is on y'all.

Yes so dumb for telling the fucking truth. 

RT is an average as fuck CBB coach and hiring him full time would be a huge ass mistake. 

Please continue jacking him off though. Can’t wait to hear the bitching when we go 11-20 next season.

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Fuck You 15

That was the funnest home game of the year.  I’m dating myself but this is my favorite team since BMW.  The players looked happy today like they were determined to have fun. 
Rice was particularly animated today playing to the crowd. Glad to see Hunter hit some shots.  I hope these guys can make some noise because they deserve it. 
I did pick up the info that Disu would come back for his Covid year if the NIL is right.  I assume it would be weighed against what his pro prospects would be (ie Europe) or another school. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Yay, we beat one of the worst KU teams of the Bill Self era so we should hire RT! 

Texas athletics is its own worst enemy and it’s obvious how little Bellmont cares about winning championships in the big 3 sports.

Fuck you.  Can’t you just be happy for these seniors who have given their best to a University you supposedly are a fan of?

Its one thing to be the board grump but nothing you say is particularly intelligent or insightful. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, CTC2 said:

That was the funnest home game of the year.  I’m dating myself but this is my favorite team since BMW.  The players looked happy today like they were determined to have fun. 
Rice was particularly animated today playing to the crowd. Glad to see Hunter hit some shots.  I hope these guys can make some noise because they deserve it. 
I did pick up the info that Disu would come back for his Covid year if the NIL is right.  I assume it would be weighed against what his pro prospects would be (ie Europe or elsewhere). 

Damn BMW...takes me back.. still remember playing pickup ball in the new rec when Mays came dribbling down the lane and posterized my 6'3 self something awful.

Just now, CTC2 said:

Fuck you.  Can’t you just be happy for these seniors who have given their best to a University you supposedly are a fan of?

Its one thing to be the board grump but nothing you say is particularly intelligent or insightful. 

Sorry I don’t put a team chock full of mercenaries above the program. 

• Fuck You 18

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I did pick up the info that Disu would come back for his Covid year if the NIL is right.  I assume it would be weighed against what his pro prospects would be (ie Europe or elsewhere). 

Speaking of BMW -- Rice has a "Lance Blanks" vibe to his court presence and play... a flair for the dramatic!!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Loop 1604 said:

You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. You don’t know these kids. I do. Every one of these seniors consider themselves Longhorns despite the fact that they came from other places. 
I think we can do better than RT. But, all this crap you post just proves you have no insight of value. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

If you think a single game is going to swing the decision making on this I don't know what tell you. 

Imagine rooting against your own team that's fighting to be a number 1 seed. This is just sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Same about favorite team since BMW because the team chemistry is off the charts.  The players have such great attitude that you can tell they all will have bright futures after basketball.  

Edited by Horn80

27 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Sadly, RT probably stays now. Needed to lose this game to be sure. 

This meaningless win set back Texas Hoops 5 years or so. 

I don't generally put folks on ignore because it seems like a lot of work to remember how to do it, and I'm easily amused by idiocy.

You're not amusing any longer. Your takes are a beating, you should post less, and you should probably find a different hobby.

Animated GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If you think a single game is going to swing the decision making on this I don't know what tell you. 

Imagine rooting against your own team that's fighting to be a number 1 seed. This is just sad. 

He doesn’t like the coach or the players. 

but somehow claims to like the program. 

sounds more like a troll to me, since he does the same shit about football. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Let’s go that was complete domination minus that bishop attempt but we won’t go there. Yeah KU didn’t have their best stuff but still that win means a lot for the seniors. RT will win or lose this job in the next 2 weeks. Not this game. Jesus

I thought he might’ve hurt himself. Wtf was that?

These guys played today like they didn't have anything to lose.  They played loose and just as much for the home crowd as for themselves, maybe more so.

I hope by beating the arguably #1 team in the nation as dominantly as they did, that confidence carries forward. 

Yeah Kansas might not really have had their head in the game at the start, but they tried to make a run late.  They wanted it, they just coasted too long, figuring they could dig themselves out.

Good game, good season in hard ass conference. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I saw Rodney Terry help an old lady down some steps outside the arena after the game, and I just thought to myself, “Fuck!  If anyone in the AD sees this, they’re going to instantly sign him to a 20 year contract.”  So, I went and pushed the old lady down the steps from behind and blamed it on Terry when the police came.  You’re welcome.

This is what real fans do to support the program, instead of these sheeple who just root for winning games. Next level.

• Hook 'Em 2