2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I am old enough to remember when you had to walk from 6th Street to Campus when you lost your car.

I’m old enough to remember walking back and forth between West Campus and 6th because I did not have a car.  Hell, I rode the un-air conditioned WC to a lot of my classes. I asked my kid about that and she looked at me like riding the bus was something to be embarrassed about.  

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I’m old enough to remember walking back and forth between West Campus and 6th because I did not have a car.  Hell, I rode the un-air conditioned WC to a lot of my classes. I asked my kid about that and she looked at me like riding the bus was something to be embarrassed about.  

The Horror The Horror GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, CTC2 said:

There was some hot trim on the WC shuttle. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Outie is a real word?  And someone decided to open a wordle game with it- and it was a decent choice?

A5786A69-F856-48B3-852C-4924DD3D85DC.thumb.png.372a2a8c745342235444029a7fa56332.png

I’m going to assume they used it due to the large presence of vowels.

I tend to used “adieu”…

oh, I also learned that “outie” has two spellings/meanings….

CB09B24D-8EF2-4CFF-9164-5011A545584A.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, hookem48 said:

“We will win the ballgame,” Johnson said. “And you can put it in three-inch headlines. We will win the ballgame.”

Or, put another way: "It don’t make a shit." — Bill Bradley, Texas captain, when asked if he wanted heads or tails in the coin toss in the 1968 game against Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

And thus came to pass the Ides of March minus one: yesterday’s NYT wordle. God help us all.

image.thumb.png.0a4940f115f71a6ea6dbbc7b508571c2.png

Got it in 3 yesterday. Knew Surly would have a post somewhere on it. 

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

A5786A69-F856-48B3-852C-4924DD3D85DC.thumb.png.372a2a8c745342235444029a7fa56332.png

I tend to used “adieu”…

Audio is the best starting word ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

I tend to used “adieu”…

Audi like 5 G's
Lyrical gangbang but it's just a G thang

Audi 5g

• to leave, to take-off.
    Yo, I'm Audi 5G.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Scooters: Taylor Gaspar approved.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d17b1b37cd0c1d73d12b28b9e5325b2.jpeg

Ton of orthos and docs making a living at vacation destination spots fixing tourists that wipe out of scooters/mopeds.  Not a bad gig.  Had a neighbor in the Caribbean get his blown out knee worked on while on vacation for this from an American doc.  Endless string of clients, great location, lower cost of living, what's not to love.   

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

I am shocked that someone with a Bama education can solve Wordle in 5 tries. 

Granted, but I spent three years at the Institute on South Main in Houston, which didn't hurt.  Contra: I was admitted to that Institute with a Bama public school ejamacation.

:-B

17 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

There was some hot trim on the WC shuttle. 

Buddy and I once ate a couple of grams of mushrooms on a Thursday afternoon and rode the WC loop for 3 hours to hand out flyers for our party to said hot trim…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, deech said:

Adieu

Nah, neither adieu nor audio is the best word. There are way more consonant combinations than vowels, so the faster you can eliminate those, the better--and the consonant d is not that useful on a first guess.

Computers say least, leant, slate, and tales are the best options because you hit a good number of consonant combos and two vowels. Some of the best Wordlers I know always go 4 consonants with words like stern, shalt, slant, or crest.

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, KennyPowders said:

Maybe I have…maybe I haven’t…but you know what you haven’t….Been to the top of the fucking mountain aka baseball mother fucker

I've been on top of your mom, and she is quite the mountain. 

11 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Nah, neither adieu nor audio is the best word. There are way more consonant combinations than vowels, so the faster you can eliminate those, the better--and the consonant d is not that useful on a first guess.

Computers say least, leant, slate, and tales are the best options because you hit a good number of consonant combos and two vowels. Some of the best Wordlers I know always go 4 consonants with words like stern, shalt, slant, or crest.

pious and earth are my go-to’s but I change it up a lot.  Someday I’ll get it in one. 😀

15 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, KennyPowders said:

I’m Kenny fucking powers, I don’t abide by your rules. Bow down to my greatness.

It’s not that a Kenny Powers schtick gets old really quickly, and, well, I mean it does, but It’s that a Kenny Powers schtick about a decade after the show went off the air is bizarre, and menial as well. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic