2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Folks on hand say both Cook and Mitchell make those kind of plays look routine.

This would line up with my sourcing that they are bought in and flashing and turning heads. This feels entirely different from every other spring in the history of Texas football.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm told that Cook and Mitchell are fully bought in, and are turning heads, in addition to flashing. Once source said that they can catch balls downfield, which separates them from the other receivers on the roster. On one play, Manning overthrew Cook in the back of the end zone, but he kept one foot inbounds while the rest of his body was somewhere around row 9 of the end zone. "touchdown", said other members of the team, clearly impressed. 

30 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

This aligns with what I was told: On one play, Ewers overthrew Cain on a post route, but Mitchell was able to break off of his 10-yard curl and track the ball down in the back of the endzone. Folks on hand say both Cook and Mitchell make those kind of plays look routine.

200.gif

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:17 PM, Nope said:

Quinn will need to be a much better passer than VY was in college because he has no wheels, not a great benchmark to consider

VY led the nation in passing efficiency in 2005 (regular season at least). The poster you replied to mentioned stats, not pure passing. Obviously VY's passing production was helped by his run threat but that applies to his freshman year stats, too. So the poster's point remains valid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

ChatGPT’s thought in spring practice. Fire the 9.95rs. 

I can tell you what typically happens during Texas Longhorn spring football practices.

Spring football practices are an important time for college football teams to develop their players, build team chemistry, and prepare for the upcoming season. During the spring practices, players focus on strength and conditioning, drills, and developing their skills under the guidance of the coaching staff.

The Texas Longhorns are a prominent college football program that plays in the Big 12 Conference. During their spring practices, they typically focus on improving their passing game, developing their offensive and defensive lines, and refining their special teams.

Coaches may also use the spring practices as an opportunity to experiment with new formations, plays, and strategies to see how they work in real-time game situations.

Overall, the goal of spring practices is to lay a strong foundation for the team heading into the fall season, which is when the games that count begin.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

ChatGPT’s thought in spring practice. Fire the 9.95rs. 

I can tell you what typically happens during Texas Longhorn spring football practices.

Spring football practices are an important time for college football teams to develop their players, build team chemistry, and prepare for the upcoming season. During the spring practices, players focus on strength and conditioning, drills, and developing their skills under the guidance of the coaching staff.

The Texas Longhorns are a prominent college football program that plays in the Big 12 Conference. During their spring practices, they typically focus on improving their passing game, developing their offensive and defensive lines, and refining their special teams.

Coaches may also use the spring practices as an opportunity to experiment with new formations, plays, and strategies to see how they work in real-time game situations.

Overall, the goal of spring practices is to lay a strong foundation for the team heading into the fall season, which is when the games that count begin.

Did Kamala write that?

• Haha 2

Hudson Standish on Cam Williams:

Spoiler

Intriguing OL team note (Monday 4:52 PM)

Just talked with a source who said sophomore offensive lineman Cameron Williams from Duncanville has shifted inside to offensive guard and looks like a potential starter. The 6-foot-5, 360-pounder has been a longtime favorite of offensive line coach Kyle Flood and according to sources has been a standout performer this offseason. I'll continue to gather more team intel throughout the week, but just thought that note was interesting enough for a quick board post.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just talked with a source who said sophomore offensive lineman Cameron Williams from Duncanville has shifted inside to offensive guard and looks like a potential starter. The 6-foot-5, 360-pounder has been a longtime favorite of offensive line coach Kyle Flood and according to sources has been a standout performer this offseason. I'll continue to gather more team intel throughout the week, but just thought that note was interesting enough for a quick board post.

So Jones might stick at RT. Mildly surprising. 

10 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Hide contents

that is not good. Interior OL has plenty of bodies. Texas is going to need someone to play Tackle. 

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

that is not good. Interior OL has plenty of bodies. Texas is going to need someone to play Tackle. 

Sounds like Flood will do what it takes to get his best 5 guys on the field. OL is the most interesting position group to watch this spring as well as fall camp. The injuries to Hutson and Robertson are huge for the guys that are healthy.

Banks - Campbell - Neto - Williams - Jones

Would be interesting. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

There is some delicious irony about A&M desperately needing tackles and a center and us having a surplus of absolute monsters like Cam. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sounds like Flood will do what it takes to get his best 5 guys on the field. OL is the most interesting position group to watch this spring as well as fall camp. The injuries to Hutson and Robertson are huge for the guys that are healthy.

Banks - Campbell - Neto - Williams - Jones

Would be interesting. 

Neto isnt playing at Center, (he is more likely to play RT, than center at this pt), so it looks more like:

OT: Banks, Jones, ????

OG- Conner, Hutson, Neto, Campbell, Agbo

Center- Majors, Roberson

I did not list the freshmen, but most of them were IOL. Cam was considered the 3rd OT coming into Spring. Perhaps Flood will move someone else to tackle, but the position has 0 depth with this move. Last year Texas started the same OL every regular season game, that is very rare. If Jones or Banks miss any time, it is going to be a real problem. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Neto isnt playing at Center, so it looks more like:

OT: Banks, Jones, ????

OG- Conner, Hutson, Neto, Campbell, Agbo

Center- Majors, Roberson

I did not list the freshmen, but most of them were IOL. Cam was considered the 3rd OT coming into Spring. Perhaps Flood will move someone else to tackle, but the position has 0 depth with this move. Last year Texas started the same OL every regular season game, that is very rare. If Jones or Banks miss anytime, it is going to be a real problem. 

Neto has been working center this spring according to IT. Also they said Kirkland has looked very impressive as well.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Neto has been working center this spring according to IT. Also they said Kirkland has looked very impressive as well.

I have not seen Neto report at Center, so that is my bad. It still does not change the fact that there is no depth at all at Tackle. 

44 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

They have two returning starters at OT. I view this as more of a way to get the potential best five on the field. Williams is probably a backup tackle if either Banks or Jones gets hurt. 

edit: yep, as I now see others have said as well. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I have not seen Neto report at Center, so that is my bad. It still does not change the fact that there is no depth at all at Tackle. 

It was in one of those videos they put up....Conner is another getting work at center. I do think if Flood thinks he can improve the line and add strength in the middle he'd do so regardless of the bleeding for the program that Majors has done.  

IT is adament that Neto will also be on the field somewhere this fall in the starting lineup. I found that pretty interesting.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

It was in one of those videos they put up....Conner is another getting work at center. I do think if Flood thinks he can improve the line and add strength in the middle he'd do so regardless of the bleeding for the program that Majors has done.  

IT is adament that Neto will also be on the field somewhere this fall in the starting lineup. I found that pretty interesting.

Correct. I have seen consistent reporting (from IT) that Neto will be on the field. Generally, they have mentioned Guard. That makes the Cam move a bit odd. If the reports are true, you have two returning starters there and 2 high ceiling guys pushing for play time (Campbell and Neto). Tackle has no depth, even with Cam there it is not deep. Perhaps Cam is just so good that Texas needs him on the field, despite the depth on the interior. It is possible, but that seems a bit pollyanna-ish to me.

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Flood moves guys around all the time.  Don't pay any of this stuff any mind. 

this is probably the most accurate post

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Hide contents

Didd he have to lose 2 inches of height to move to guard?

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Didd he have to lose 2 inches of height to move to guard?

The relationship between arm length and height is weird. He might lose height but gain arm length, making the move back out to tackle an obvious one. It's hard to say.

And Codaxx, Flood cross-trains his OL and wants to get the best 5 on the field. Cam could start at guard and if there is an injury at tackle, he could slide over. Also, it is always possible that CAM could be a backup at all OL spots and get in to spell others or start if someone gets injured. It is a long time between now and the NC game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

The relationship between arm length and height is weird. He might lose height but gain arm length, making the move back out to tackle an obvious one. It's hard to say.

And Codaxx, Flood cross-trains his OL and wants to get the best 5 on the field. Cam could start at guard and if there is an injury at tackle, he could slide over. Also, it is always possible that CAM could be a backup at all OL spots and get in to spell others or start if someone gets injured. It is a long time between now and the NC game.

completely understand that. I merely suggesting that Williams, Campbell, and Neto can not all look tremendous at Guard. If Neto and Campbell look that good at guard, why would you move Cam to guard? 

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

completely understand that. I merely suggesting that Williams, Campbell, and Neto can not all look tremendous at Guard. If Neto and Campbell look that good at guard, why would you move Cam to guard? 

Because Flood’s Plan A is for neither of the starting tackles to ever come off of the field, but there are guys chomping at the bit for game reps and this is the best chance they’ll have to get them.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bevo said:

7facwi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:54 AM, closetohumping said:

Kind of belongs here, War room:

Hide contents

May be an image of textMay be an image of textMay be an image of textMay be an image of textMay be an image of textMay be an image of text

Wow, good to hear Quinn is striving to be the best QB in the country. Also, I’m pleased to hear he would like to be the 1st overall pick in the draft. 

These are the kind of info nuggets that boomers need to justify paying Fat Ketch $9.95 a month. 

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Neyor practiced today. I think he may be able to go when we play a game in 5.5 months. 

If Neyor comes back healthy, I want to see them trot out Mitchell and Neyor on the outside with Worthy in the slot. That would be filthy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic