2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Of course OU’s defense leaking worse than a Chinese colander.

I mean, sure. And he had his fair share of shitty throws that game. But then there's the other throws he made, throws that most every guy we've had in campus just couldn't make. Perfect dimes in tight windows. Saw those against Bama, too, before he was injured.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know this is something that a lot of people don't count for much, but I believe it is a product of INTERNAL team leadership.  None of the kids apparently (at least at this date) did some dumbass shit over spring break.  New Coaches often have to be team "leaders" because quite frankly a lack of team leadership is often a key component of coaching failure.  The coach's dream is when the team polices itself, and dumb decision making becomes a real point of shame throughout the squad.

so a huge tip of the hat to all the players for... NOT fucking up last week!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

This Angilau writeup by an Oregon guy is worth reading. It touches on a lot of other parts of the offense (scheme, coaching). 

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2023/3/22/23649443/quacking-the-roster-ol-transfer-junior-angilau

"But I think Flood had a lot of work to do in reversing poor development done for the previous three years by his predecessor, Herb Hand – within the film reviewer community there’s a list floating around of position coaches whom we can’t believe keep getting work, and his name is at the top."

It's beyond me how Ian Boyd gets paid to write about football when there's content like this out there for free

Ian Boyd used to write about CFB X&O's for SBnation too. So the writer for that article is obviously getting paid.

• Fuck You 1

50 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

People here aren't used to seeing freshman LB recruits period. We are used to seeing safeties spinning down to play LB way undersized to do it.

The guy was listed at 210 in HS and is now listed at 227. I remember some you tuber reviewing his film saying he maybe a box safety, given his size and coverage ability. Fair to say he has taken well to college S&C

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The guy was listed at 210 in HS and is now listed at 227. I remember some you tuber reviewing his film saying he maybe a box safety, given his size and coverage ability. Fair to say he has taken well to college S&C

DMO weighed in at  229 lbs at the combine. Liona is listed at 227 as a EE freshmen. I think he'll get to about 240ish range +/- 5 lbs. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Huge congrats for nobody getting caught doing dumb shit that for sure happened. 

Honestly, it's a lot fucking harder for kids to get away with shit today. Mainly because of social media, and the fact that some dumbass is recording shit on their phone.  So an extra tip of the hat to the kids that did do dumb shit and did not get caught.

But as I say to all the young folks: Do you know what the key to your future is? Condoms, Condoms, CONDOMS! I say pounding the table.  Never been more true for any college football player.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I thought the same thing looking at this pic earlier today.

He is noticeably bigger than in his commitment picture. The fact that the coaches have been talking him up early as much as Anthony Hill is pretty encouraging. 

image.png.200802fa511cb68db90631423b8a6f8a.png 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

If all you need to win the title is to look good in practice photos, pencil Texas in. 

body types and physique are important. NFL measurables isn't a term for no reason. 

For instance, our OL recruits are the easiest example of this. Look at the body types, frames, and size of the guys Flood recruits vs the guys we've landed the previous 10-12 years. Also look at our draft for those positions.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm holding out for us actually winning the conference for once. Then I'll believe. 

Yeah I agree, this should be the year to do it IMO.

I was listening to Gerry and either Bobby or Justin Wells talk about something the other day with regards to the new class and last years class. It was about how smooth and fast they were with their movements and bodies. They said they haven't seen a Texas team look like that on the practice field since 2000s Mack. Just effortlessly smooth athletes essentially.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I was listening to Gerry and either Bobby or Justin Wells talk about something the other day with regards to the new class and last years class. It was about how smooth and fast they were with their movements and bodies. They said they haven't seen a Texas team look like that on the practice field since 2000s Mack. Just effortlessly smooth athletes essentially.

This team lost to Texas Tech last season and finished with the same record, lost it's best tandem in the NCAA backfield since Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. Lets cool the mother fucking jets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I listened to that yesterday. It was Gerry and Bobby. Gerry said "smooth" an uncomfortable number of times. 

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic