2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I'd be willing to bet most of what I own that if Ewers goes down at some point, Manning will be coming in. With Murphy's injuries and retooling his throwing motion, they're basically on even ground. And it won't be getting any closer. 

Whatever the case, it is still better than hoping to see if Casey Thompson improves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, closetojumping said:

Texas is going to field the best team it's had since 2008 in the upcoming season. They will be relevant in the playoff discussion, beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, and win the conference. Take off your protective, wet blanketed armor of maudlin self-loathing, get your shit together, and gear the fuck up, pussies.

I Hope Please GIF

17 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

It's amazing for sure what D1 SC can do. A guy I played in HS graduated at 6'3" and 230lbs and looked like he was carved out of granite. He got a full scholarship to UH. He came back home for a summer visit after his freshman year at 6'3" and 265lbs and still looked like he was carved out of granite. I've still never seen such a huge change in a player. He went on to play for a couple years in Washington.

35 pound of muscle in a year? That's 3 pounds of muscle per month.

17 minutes ago, Slacks said:

35 pound of muscle in a year? That's 3 pounds of muscle per month.

It was freaking ridiculous.  When I first saw him I didn't even recognize him and we were neighbors who knew each other our entire lives.

Edit: 2 things, 1st of all he was a genetic freak even as an elementary student. He was ripped even back then. Second, being the mid to late 70s I'm sure there were some "strength" methods being used wholesale that aren't today.

Edited by SHOOTER12

2 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

Well, it's not all bad. At least you meet new people every day, there's no such thing as a rerun, and you can hide your own Easter Eggs. 

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

And I get to sleep with a different woman every night.

That’s a lotta Easter egg hiding……

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So IT knows where the team should be after 6 practices, and has enough 1st hand watching and 2nd hand talks to know where the team is in relation to that?

If you look at the first 6 practices of spring the past two springs I bet it looks a whole hell of a lot different than it does this year. I read that as the team not having to do all the basic shit they had to do in prior years and looks on schedule for a team trying to take the next step in growth. 

18 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm pretty the other 20 EDgeS on the roster can make up that loss

It kind of sounds like they all suck. I don't know. I haven't seen a single snap of spring ball. I'm getting 4th hand accounts from 9.95ers, most of whom I wouldn't trust to wash my car. The bottom line is everyone should be fired. 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:14 PM, gmr548 said:

I wonder if we had known that our starting QB would miss 3-3/4 games & our backup would be immediately hobbled for those same games if more people may have guessed less wins. maybe, maybe not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Reminds me of the grocery store clairvoyant who would meet customers as they entered the store and tell them on which aisle the item they had come for was located. The shopping public loved it and it became a big attraction. A woman came in  to whom the clairvoyant said, "You'll find the flour and baking powder on Aisle 2." "That's just what I wanted," the woman said. Then, a guy came in and the clairvoyant said, "The shaving cream and razors are on Aisle 6." "That's amazing," the guy said. Next, a woman came hurrying in. The clairvoyant said, "You'll find the toilet paper on Aisle 10, ma'am." But in response the woman said, "I'm looking for tampons."

The clairvoyant said, "Damn . . .   

missed-it-by-that-much-missed.gif

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

I love -- love -- that Ketch goes to a frozen pizza analogy to explain the offensive line's readiness.

Yeah jabba, we know it's feeding time just as soon as you push 'publish.'

You guys should put that report down and read something with more relevant information. Like a random teen fashion magazine from last year or a bunch of sheets of used toilet paper.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

You guys should put that report down and read something with more relevant information. Like a random teen fashion magazine from last year or a bunch of sheets of used toilet paper.

I can honestly say that I do not remember the last time I read an actual report from Orangebloods. I'm willing to say it's been well over a decade unless I'm just completely forgetting something.

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic