2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

As a sophomore, Hager had 6 sacks and 13.5 TFLs. That would have made him the Lawrence Taylor of our defense the past couple of years. He then switched positions for the 3rd time and played interior under Orlando, and with one arm. Given his pedigree, I think he’d been fine as a coached up Edge rusher.

LOL wut on your bad take.

It’a almost like he got those numbers because he flew into the backfield every snap, never worrying about contain, while the current regime would require him to read and react so he doesn’t kill the whole defense. And guess what, Hager’s terrible at that. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

RE: Juan Davis. Not picking up the playbook sounds the like weakest reason to not play a young guy. 

Then I remember getting dog cussed in high school because I went the wrong direction on a running play. 

Nothing pisses coaches off more than screwing up in practice. 

so you give him three routes and only play him on 3rd and 5+ and you throw him 8 balls a game. 

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

RE: Juan Davis. Not picking up the playbook sounds the like weakest reason to not play a young guy. 

Then I remember getting dog cussed in high school because I went the wrong direction on a running play. 

Nothing pisses coaches off more than screwing up in practice. 

Because it will happen in games. Kids who start rarely fuck up in practice in any sport. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

As a sophomore, Hager had 6 sacks and 13.5 TFLs. That would have made him the Lawrence Taylor of our defense the past couple of years. He then switched positions for the 3rd time and played interior under Orlando, and with one arm. Given his pedigree, I think he’d been fine as a coached up Edge rusher.

Hager played almost 4 full years at Texas.

6 of his career 12.5 sacks career came in 2016 as a sophomore. 13.5 of his 30 career TFL came the same year.

the guy had 6.0 sacks in 2016 and then had 6.5 total in 2017+2018. he had 13.5 TFL in 2016 and had 16.5 total in 2017+2018.

let's not act like he was something he wasn't. he was absolutely ok. he was not that good and his penchant for penalties at the most inopportune times bit Texas in the ass as often as his play changed games.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

Hager played almost 4 full years at Texas.

6 of his career 12.5 sacks career came in 2016 as a sophomore. 13.5 of his 30 career TFL came the same year.

the guy had 6.0 sacks in 2016 and then had 6.5 total in 2017+2018. he had 13.5 TFL in 2016 and had 16.5 total in 2017+2018.

let's not act like he was something he wasn't. he was absolutely ok. he was not that good and his penchant for penalties at the most inopportune times bit Texas in the ass as often as his play changed games.

It's a fucking disgrace they even let him wear 60.

• Like 3

A championship football team is a lot like a 4 for $4 at Wendys. Of course the juicy double cheesburger represents the meat of the team shall we say. Drops that base layer of food in the stomach that everything to follow can build off of in a positive way. The fries add a little panche to the equation, and considering how salty the Longhorns new wr room is looking I feel the methapor is apropos. Nuggets are the defense. They can make a great meal on their own if you eat enough of them, but a healthy balance of beef and chicken is generally agreed as the best way to live life. And the quarterback is the supersized 44 oz soda that washes it all down and brings the meal together. No great meal has ever been eaten without a great drink. The only question Longhorn fans should be asking is which one of Ewers snd Manning is Coke and which one is Pepsi 

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

If I took a drink every time Sark says intentional I’d be drunk 5 minutes into one of his PCs.

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Clearly ...

At the end of the day, I would clearly be intentional in how drunk I would be. That's the key to the drill. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Hager at 4i and Malcolm Roach at middle linebacker would have meant 10 wins last year easily.

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

Remember when Maryland was like "Let's run their 270 lb MLB from sideline to sideline and see what happens", and it worked out really well for them? Good times.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

No. He had heart, he loved the University and was a meathead. His coaches did him no favors. Like Dylan Haines, he should have been recruited over.

No!....you let DJ wear number 60....you never let a hack like Brenda wear number 60....

Alright for the sake of discussion: guys that could be drafted after next year 

Locks: Sweat, Ford, Jones, Barron, Watts, Sanders

Should be locks: Worthy, Ewers

I'd say locks but they might be UDFA: Robinson, Whittington

Theoretically could happen: Collins, Murphy

I think they'll have eligibility and questionable pro prospects: Majors, Thompson

?s: Catalon, Mitchell, Holmes

Is it crazy to think we could be looking at 6-10 draftees? The most we've had since the turn of the century is 7 in 2007. Different era with COVID years and transfers, but this really speaks to the amount of talent we've got this year. Of course that cuts both ways with NIL incentivizing some guys to stay. Let's go win the damn thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I think they'll have eligibility and questionable pro prospects: Majors, Thompson

Is it crazy to think we could be looking at 6-10 draftees? The most we've had since the turn of the century is 7 in 2007. Different era with COVID years and transfers, but this really speaks to the amount of talent we've got this year. Of course that cuts both ways with NIL incentivizing some guys to stay. Let's go win the damn thing. 

Tbh I don’t see anyone not getting drafted at this point

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I’m am not sure on Watts. He probably has to move to safety in the NFL. I would move Collins up. So talented, he will get drafted. Worthy is a lock. Mitchell is likely, if he can stay healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You forgot Gbenda.

Burton was talking with Cook today and mentioned that he's heard Burke passed Finkley on the depth chart. I'm surprised but pretty happy to hear that. I don't dislike Finkley at all, but he's a high floor / low ceiling guy and if Burke is ahead of him that seems like good news. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Burton was talking with Cook today and mentioned that he's heard Burke passed Finkley on the depth chart. I'm surprised but pretty happy to hear that. I don't dislike Finkley at all, but he's a high floor / low ceiling guy and if Burke is ahead of him that seems like good news. 

I have a feeling that is going to be a position by committee. Mix and matching based on opponent and game situation

• Hook 'Em 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic