2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

57 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It's hard not to like and root like hell for Sark. He owes up to his past and learned from it. He knows what great teams look like in terms of physicality, attitude, scheme/responsibility knowledge, and maturity. His saying that this year's team finally looks and walks like his team has me buying whole sections of seats on the motherfucking bus.

That was a GREAT hour of discussion on college football, the University of Texas, and life.

Very thankful for that video.

Sark-Outfit.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Except from closetojumping.

Hey, I've actually gotten +rep from him! Like, maybe two or three actual times!

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

lol that was straight up a recruiting pitch and I don't think he was real about much in that interview. Says all the coach speak shit and tells some story that is pre-approved and packaged for consumption. It was good, well delivered and natural though. 

I am still not sold on ole steve.

Hey, after the past quarter of a century, nobody should ever be sold on anybody, even after they've won it all. Should always be about "what are you doing for me right now." I'm absolutely not on anyone's bandwagon any more. Strong broke me off that permanently.

THAT SAID... you gotta be blind not to see that Sark is DOING all the right things right now, not just saying.

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

You obviously don't interact with many psychopaths, narcissists or self absorbed clowns. 

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

You know where we are, right?

You're in the jungle, baby! You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Sarkisian has a lot to prove, but how many narcissists spend 10 minutes at different times of an hour long interview thanking a former boss for saving their career and repeatedly refer to that other person as the greatest of all time? If that interview was a recruiting pitch then it wasn't very good because the recruiting takeaway for anyone paying attention would be "you should do anything you can to play for Saban but I guess maybe if you can't consider playing for me at Texas."

Or talking over and over about the bad decisions they had made in the past?

Narcissists don't make bad decisions, currently OR in the past. Just ask em; they'll tell you.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hey man, if you’re going to talk shit about me, at least @ me in the post. 

I don’t think that was @South Austin’s joke, but I didn’t follow it well either. That considered, I feel like I give out a lot of rep. I’ve never measured it, but I know I do it daily. 

I think he was implying something about me not liking Seven Loss Win. I like the guy fine, but that doesn’t put wins on the board. In any event, I’m not plotting his demise the way immamac and @Tex Pete are. 

Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck him! Go home and play with the kids. He wants to work here? Win!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think he was implying something about me not liking Seven Loss Win. I like the guy fine, but that doesn’t put wins on the board. In any event, I’m not plotting his demise the way immamac and @Tex Pete are. 

Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck him! Go home and play with the kids. He wants to work here? Win!

How dare you, Sir?! I do not care nearly enough about Stephen to plot his demise!

I am just looking for odd fashion tips and waiting to refresh my browser to _____________-texasfootball.com.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

How dare you, Sir?! I do not care nearly enough about Stephen to plot his demise!

I am just looking for odd fashion tips and waiting to refresh my browser to _____________-texasfootball.com.

i like that Steve's gameday fashion choices were covered in the spot.

tldw: his wife dresses him

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I get all that.  And not disagreeing with it, I was just joking about how you're usually one to piss all over any enthusiasm for Sark on this board. 

It's hard not to like and root like hell for Sark. He owes up to his past and learned from it. He knows what great teams look like in terms of physicality, attitude, scheme/responsibility knowledge, and maturity. His saying that this year's team finally looks and walks like his team has me buying whole sections of seats on the motherfucking bus.
That was a GREAT hour of discussion on college football, the University of Texas, and life.
Very thankful for that video.
Watched it yesterday, and I didn't think anything other than stacking wins could improve my opinion of him..yet here we are. I'd play for that guy if I were still 18..and a prized recruit. (Minor detail, pay no mind to the last part)
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, I get all that.  And not disagreeing with it, I was just joking about how you're usually one to piss all over any enthusiasm for Sark on this board. 

On this very thread I admonish people for being pussies about their outlook for the 2023 season. We may still see Seven Win Steve in this cycle and I will be unsurprised, but I am willing to view the upcoming year with optimism and high expectations.

22 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Of course he needs to win something. It’s put up or shut up season, and he said as much in the interview with his remarks that the team looks like his team and is on track.  No blaming the past.

In-game adjustments, let’s see some this year.

This matters more than almost anything else. Don't shit the bed when the first plan doesn't survive first contact. Adjust and advance, Steve Sarklostagain, or perish into the forever pile of HC irrelevance.

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Are they the only ones?

There will be more.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

From my perspective, Steve Sarkisian (and Tom Herman and Charlie Strong and Mack Brown) have shit all over my enthusiasm for Saturdays in the fall since 2010. I can't muster any enthusiasm for any of them until someone is delivering a winner and not making me regret buying season tickets while we go three and out after three and out because our coach is a fucktard.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Portal: Brennan Thompson, Derrick Brown, and Trevell Johnson.

I seen two of these coming, Thompson is not a shocker though, With how the WR room looks and could be in the future and Thompson in track I’m sure Sark had that convo with him about choosing one 

Edited by D3zii

Listened to an interview of Ojomo on the Horn this morning. That dude has his shit together. For what it’s worth, he believes that the combined talent and leadership on the team this year is very strong compared to the past. Koolaid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Listened to an interview of Ojomo on the Horn this morning. That dude has his shit together. For what it’s worth, he believes that the combined talent and leadership on the team this year is very strong compared to the past. Koolaid. 

He’s really impressive for a guy who isn’t old enough to vote yet.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I seen two of these coming, Thompson is not a shocker though, With how the WR room looks and could be in the future and Thompson in track I’m sure Sark had that convo with him about choosing one 

Hate seeing Thompson go, doesn't seem like he got enough time to develop. Can't coach speed.

But if you're getting passed up by new guys and don't have the bandwidth to commit to just one sport, I can see him needing to make a move. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

From my perspective, Steve Sarkisian (and Tom Herman and Charlie Strong and Mack Brown) have shit all over my enthusiasm for Saturdays in the fall since 2010. I can't muster any enthusiasm for any of them until someone is delivering a winner and not making me regret buying season tickets while we go three and out after three and out because our coach is a fucktard.

But you're giving Mackovic, McWilliams and late-stage Akers a pass?

25 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I think Sark is a breath of fresh air compared to our 3 previous coaches. Mack was a thinned skinned whinny little bitch. Charlie was completely clueless and  Tom Herman was an asshole who thought he knew everything when in reality he was an idiot. I love the way Sark handles things thus far minus shitty or no halftime adjustments. His vision and execution for building a Blue Blood Roster has been damn near perfect IMHO. Now it is time to take it to the next level on the field.

It's been bullshit since the 1970s. We just happened to have some successful bullshitters in that time...

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Hate seeing Thompson go, doesn't seem like he got enough time to develop. Can't coach speed.

But if you're getting passed up by new guys and don't have the bandwidth to commit to just one sport, I can see him needing to make a move. 

yeah, and you add in him being sick with mono? last year

34 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

But you're giving Mackovic, McWilliams and late-stage Akers a pass?

It's been bullshit since the 1970s. We just happened to have some successful bullshitters in that time...

Considering they were basically pre-internet( for me anyway) and there wasn't as much exposure and press conferences...............Yeah I guess I am. I was much more interested in chasing pussy and drinking beer in those days. Got my Longhorn Football fix from Dallas Morning News back then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A healthy program is always churning out deadweight Thompson got passed up by two dudes who should still be in high school.  I forgot Derrick Brown and Trevell Johnson were even on the team.  Max Merrill should be thanking Herb Hand everyday for having to resort to his 30th option on the OL or he would be playing at Texas State.

• Hook 'Em 4