2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Watching the state of the program from IT they mentioned that Hayden Conner is currently working as the backup center spot and Neto is competing there and guard as well. They're adamant that Neto is going to play.

Nahlin and I think it was Wells yesterday predicted Neto starts at one of the guard spots (both also had Hutson at the other, and Campbell and Conner out of the starting five). 

30 minutes ago, KennyPowders said:

Thank you for recognizing my relevance and therefore greatness gentlemens. 

Stop Motion Animation GIF by Lawrence Becker

it's a gimmick that has been done before many places, including here:

image.png.7b039afb3cd548cefa1500a925d45ec9.png

in fact, it's been done so many times here you had to change the name entirely. i get it but let's not act like you are exactly breaking new ground with this bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Nahlin and I think it was Wells yesterday predicted Neto starts at one of the guard spots (both also had Hutson at the other, and Campbell and Conner out of the starting five). 

I think it'll be Campbell over Hutson.  Hutson is missing all of spring and I think Campbell takes the spot.  Go back and watch 2nd half against Baylor, Campbell was mauling people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think it'll be Campbell over Hutson.  Hutson is missing all of spring and I think Campbell takes the spot.  Go back and watch 2nd half against Baylor, Campbell was mauling people.

I could go with a Banks - Neto - Majors - Campbell - Jones starting lineup with Hutson being the swing guard and Cam Williams being the swing tackle and having Conner kind of be the backup everywhere but scpecifically center.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Campbell can get the mental part right over the spring and summer, there is no way he is coming off the field. I think I predicted Neto to pass Conner eventually before next season. Conner seems like he would make a really good center or swing tackle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Majors is starting, he may never be more than adequate at run blocking, but he brings experience and his back-up is missing spring. Banks is at LT. Jones is going to start, he maybe the best run blocker on the OL, there is some doubt to where. There is a lot of talk about 11 personnel and throwing the ball more this year. That may affect the line up. Pass pro is still an issue, watch the 1st half of the Baylor game and see the OL whiffing on stunt after stunt. Can Cam Williams come in and offer better pass pro, than Jones? If so, Jones bumps down. IF that is the case it is probably Banks, Campbell, Majors, JOnes, Cam. If Williams cant crack the line up, I am betting Banks, Campbell, Majors, Neto, Jones. I think option 1 is the highest upside for the OL, but that is completely dependent on Cam taking a big step. I am not too worried about the interior OL's run blocking, it will be their ability to cut down on mistakes. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Majors is starting, he may never be more than adequate at run blocking, but he brings experience and his back-up is missing spring. Banks is at LT. Jones is going to start, he maybe the best run blocker on the OL, there is some doubt to where. There is a lot of talk about 11 personnel and throwing the ball more this year. That may affect the line up. Pass pro is still an issue, watch the 1st half of the Baylor game and see the OL whiffing on stunt after stunt. Can Cam Williams come in and offer better pass pro, than Jones? If so, Jones bumps down. IF that is the case it is probably Banks, Campbell, Majors, JOnes, Cam. If Williams cant crack the line up, I am betting Banks, Campbell, Majors, Neto, Jones. I think option 1 is the highest upside for the OL, but that is completely dependent on Cam taking a big step. I am not too worried about the interior OL's run blocking, it will be their ability to cut down on mistakes. 

interior stunts and the loss of Connor in that game crushed the passing attack.. Thankfully, the OL can run block enough for a RB stud to move the chains

6 hours ago, NoName said:

it's a gimmick that has been done before many places, including here:

image.png.7b039afb3cd548cefa1500a925d45ec9.png

in fact, it's been done so many times here you had to change the name entirely. i get it but let's not act like you are exactly breaking new ground with this bit.

Ha, you’ve clearly never seen the show. Kenny powders is a pseudonym because he loves cocaine. I get it. You’re fucking old and clueless.

• Fuck You 16

5 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Would Stetson Bennett qualify?

Had Stetson Bennet transferred to Texas last season, would he have been the starter?

Do you want me to regale you with tales of Greg Davis?

Do you want the program to be run by exceptions?

No.

Had Stetson Bennet transferred to Texas last season, would he have been the starter?
Do you want me to regale you with tales of Greg Davis?
Do you want the program to be run by exceptions?
No.

No, he wouldn’t have been the starter. Would we have been better had he been? Yes.

I’m well aware of Greg Davis. I recall Matt McCoy one on one with BJ Johnson and miles of green grass in front of him. One the top rated WR recruit. One not. It wasn’t even close. Yet one of many examples of lesser talented dudes winning, particularly against OU.

One of the problems, among many, is we’re so damn concerned with bullshit that it’s less about program building and getting as many quality football players as possible. That’s not about getting exceptions. That’s about finding guys who fit a role and serve a purpose within the program.

Historically speaking, the recent Georgias and Bamas of the world don’t exist in the sense that there truly are layers and layers of talent. That didn’t even exist to their extent with unlimited scholarships. This is Sarks method, and he may pull it off. Without NIL and SEC backing, he wouldn’t have a chance.

But if you’re asking me do I take a chance on a guy who produces like Bennett on an exception basis? Absolutely. Would I take guys to fill out rosters with a promise of hey you might get some playing time? Absolutely. Particularly in the portal era when guys who think they should be starting won’t be patient with a backup role.
And occasionally that’s dudes who are fine with fulfilling that backup role for the entirety of their career.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic