2023 World Baseball Classic

Helobious

29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Mexican Tom Holland just mowing us down

I am still eagerly looking for this year's career minor leaguer who plays out of his mind for a week and I draft him in the 4th round of my fantasy draft and he goes on to post a 7.5 BB/9 in AAA before hurting his arm in June.

We should start treating all international sporting events like military selective service.  If the country calls on you to participate, you suit up or you go to jail.

Or if we want to be half ass pussy about it, you can go to jail for a year or give up your full salary that year.  Up to you.

Muhammad Ali went to jail for his beliefs, let's see how many starting pitchers truly believe in having four months rest vs. three months.

The USA is in real trouble to advance. Even though it’s only 1 loss, the 11 runs they gave up will really hurt if it comes down to a tiebreaker. Here are the rules:

Head-to-head record

Lowest quotient of runs allowed divided by the number of defensive outs recorded in the games between the tied teams

Lowest quotient of earned runs allowed divided by the number of defensive outs recorded in the games between the tied teams

Highest batting average in games between the tied teams

Drawing of lots

Edited by TonyTexas

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We should start treating all international sporting events like military selective service.  If the country calls on you to participate, you suit up or you go to jail.

Or if we want to be half ass pussy about it, you can go to jail for a year or give up your full salary that year.  Up to you.

Muhammad Ali went to jail for his beliefs, let's see how many starting pitchers truly believe in having four months rest vs. three months.

right-to-jail-jail.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

A Mike Trout led team can’t even do well in an international  tourney where they massively out-talent almost every other team at every position. Dude has losing in his DNA.
He's never won shit ever. Yet this guy gets excuse after excuse as to why he never wins. He has it made in LA. Never wins, no real expectations to win from the fans or the front office. They will put the blame on anyone except him.

The difference between energy in the American crowds and the international ones really drives home the complete marketing failure of MLB's dying regional system. Trout and Betts and Arenado should be on every fucking McDonalds bag in this country (instead of Cardi B and Offset). People barely know this is happening 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I get why teams dont wanna let starting pitchers partake (only applies to Americans tho) but they cant find 12-15 relief pitchers that can throw gas for an inning apiece?

It’s spring training prep but the games mean something. MLB teams should want their players here, playing for something 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

A Mike Trout led team can’t even do well in an international  tourney where they massively out-talent almost every other team at every position. Dude has losing in his DNA.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Helobious said:

He's never won shit ever. Yet this guy gets excuse after excuse as to why he never wins. He has it made in LA. Never wins, no real expectations to win from the fans or the front office. They will put the blame on anyone except him.

Dumb takes. Trout is at the top off league in production every year. He has a WAR of 82 in his 11 full seasons. What more do you expect him to do? Baseball isn’t like the NBA where a player can make others around him better. He’s not responsible for poor ownership and front office decisions. 

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Dumb takes. Trout is at the top off league in production every year. He has a WAR of 82 in his 11 full seasons. What more do you expect him to do? Baseball isn’t like the NBA where a player can make others around him better. He’s not responsible for poor ownership and front office decisions. 

It's not his fault but the fact of the matter is he doesn't have any recent playoff experience. This is just a different kind of pressure than the regular season. 

I think there's a good chance we lose to Canada tonight and are essentially eliminated. This just isn't that good of a USA team in spite of the big names.

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol is this a serious post? See Jeter, Derek.

Because he was The Captain? Which, BTW, is the MLB equivalent of aggy’s 12th Man. Did you know that Trout has 11 more WAR than Jeter in half of the plate appearances? What a chump. 

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The dude who fucked over his pitchers by insisting that he play SS even though they had a better SS playing 3rd?

I mean more that he brought the best out of his teammates through his leadership, work ethic, and drive to win. Trout doesn’t do that.

47 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

George Steinbrenner brought out the best in the Yankees by signing a near AllStar level player to every single position 

Tell me you don’t know anything about the late 90s Yankees dynasty roster construction without telling me

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Tell me you don’t know anything about the late 90s Yankees dynasty roster construction without telling me

You're insulting the rest of the great players on that Yankee dynasty by claiming Jeter's presence "made them better players" go tell that to Paul O'Neill

On 3/11/2023 at 9:13 PM, UTexasFight said:

It’s increidlbe

like something fucked up and forgot about needing to have the team name on the front and someone had to run down to hobby lobby and get a pack of letter stickers 

So I WAS right! (re Great Britain uniforms)

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Haha 1