2023 World Baseball Classic

Helobious

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

They couldn't make this more complicated. I read it as defensive runs allowed per out only against the three tied teams. right now US is at 1 run for 18 outs. (.056) Columbia is at 5 runs for 27 outs .185. Canada can't make up either in run differential. so they're out

It looks like if in a 9 inning game. Columbia would have to win by 3 runs....

Columbia 5 runs given up in 54 outs (18 innings) 9.26%

US 4 runs given up in 45 outs (15) innings 8.89%

but fuck if that math is remotely correct. 

I believe on the broadcast Columbia needs to win by 3 AND has to score 4 runs

On 3/13/2023 at 8:14 AM, Helobious said:

A Mike Trout led team can’t even do well in an international  tourney where they massively out-talent almost every other team at every position. Dude has losing in his DNA.

Good to see that Helobious is in game shape early this spring. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Do those complaining about the WBC being a “ meaningless exhibition” feel the same about the World Cup? Because the two are essentially the same type of event. 

Right.

want to see better talent /athletes and everything that comes with that in the regular season? (Which if you independently asked the WBC naysayers, they would say they would)

root for this to continue to grow and grow 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Do those complaining about the WBC being a “ meaningless exhibition” feel the same about the World Cup? Because the two are essentially the same type of event. 

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy Major League Baseball. I have a favorite team, the Baltimore Orioles, and I watch dozens of their games every year (as painful as that sometimes can be) and I know their history and all their great players and it's great. Major League Baseball is fun.

But I am mainly a College Baseball guy. I regularly go to more college games every season than I have attended Major League games in my life and it drives me nuts how Major League fans are about any level of Baseball that isn't the Major Leagues. As far as they are concerned nothing else matters at all. Everyone must think about baseball the exact same way as whatever is fashionable in Major Leagues. And they just don't get why anybody would care about non-MLB baseball.

It used to drive me nuts when CBS or Fox or ESPN would put Major League Baseball guys to call College Gams because they just didn't get it and more importantly didn't care. Why are we calling this shitty version of baseball played by college kids? Um, because it is awesome? Because not everything has to be MLB? Because baseball needs to thrive in places outside of MLB markets?

So it doesn't surprise me at all that now we have MLB fan just not getting, nor caring about, the WBC. How idiotic and myopic is that? The future of baseball depends on this success of the WBC tournament. We need people all around the world to be excited for this tournament, we need it to be bigger than the World Series or the Japan Series. That is what is going to make baseball a success in the 21st and 22nd centuries. Diaz was not hurt playing in a "meaningless exhibition", he was hurt celebrating a huge win for PR. You don't get hurt celebrating a meaningless win you morons. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1