Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Red Five

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I thought this was perhaps the dumbest movie I’ve ever seen. Just two hours of people making the worst possible decisions imaginable.

Worse decisions than Prometheus and whatever the most recent Alien movie is?

Dumber than the first one (JW not JP)?  The first one was pretty fucking dumb.... It was on the other night and I was laughing my ass off.
Watched it there other day as well. Awful movie. Son is into dinosaurs so we will probably go see this one anyway.

13 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I have no choice but to go.  I have a kid who loves dinosaurs.

11 hours ago, chikin23 said:
16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:
Dumber than the first one (JW not JP)?  The first one was pretty fucking dumb.... It was on the other night and I was laughing my ass off.

Watched it there other day as well. Awful movie. Son is into dinosaurs so we will probably go see this one anyway.

Remember, if your kids ask how the dinosaurs became exctinct...

I saw it this afternoon and though I liked the last one I also liked this one. It’s really incredible how they make everything look so real.

Just let your mind go and don’t over think it. Made me feel like a Universal Studios park ride with all the action. Good summer movie.

But don’t take little kids to it, way too intense. We had a family sitting right behind us with a baby and a 2 or 3 year old. Awful. They talked and cried and one of them kept slurping their drink.

Edited by Brandywine

Just saw it. I’m glad I went in expecting to be disappointed. I actually enjoyed it. If you turn your brain off, and just want to be entertained, then you will like this movie. 

Spoiler

I actually thought this was better than JW1, but the first might of been a little funnier. This was less over the top. The story was more contained and more developed. It had some solid side characters. 

Buffalo Bill is such a great character actor. He didn’t have a lot of screen time to work with but he made the teeth pulling Merc his own. His death was very playful and enjoyable. 

Little Girl was great. They thankfully didn’t make her a superhero (gymnast from JP2) and let her be the heart of the movie. And didn’t sent her to the island by somehow sneaking onto a plane or some shit. 

Computer nerd was funny at times. He wasn’t as funny as New Girl actor from JW1 but who is. And I think Nerd’s character was better and his comedy of being afraid the whole time was more genuine. 

The Vet was meh, but she actually did veterinary shit in the movie I guess. 

I think they’re doing a disservice to Dinosaur Lab Guy. He’s such a great actor, they could develop his character a bit more now he’s a bad guy. Whatever 

Most people who don’t turn their brain off will hate this because: 

“It’s so unbelievable that the Dinosaur doesn’t kill person X in that scene” - if you think like this, stop going to these movies. The good guys won’t die and the bad guys will do stupid shit and then die. 

I have an 84" projector screen in our gameroom with surround sound.  For the 1st time I let me kids (9,7,5) watch the original on bluray. They loved it.  I did too.

The original is in my top 5 list of movies to watch in theater.  "Saving Private Ryan" is as well.  I don't know why theaters don't play that on Memorial Day weekend on a limited showing basis.  I'd pay to watch it on the big screen again.

This is by far the worst of the series.  I am a huge fan of the first...and they still can’t top it.  Such a lazy plot...and ending. They really could have come up with something better...

Spoiler

Dinos were locked up half the movie.  Island time was about 10 minutes.  Main action happens in a mansion between only 2 Dinos...release into the public...mmmm ok.  

Edited by utxmike05

I think it depends on what you want out of the movie 

for example 

Spoiler

There is a scene in the movie where the Endo Raptor climbs up a ladder on the side of a roof. I laughed at that part. I’m assuming   A lot of people will complain that’s unbelievable. It is. So is a dinosaur opening a door with its hands

I will say the one negative was the dinosaurs were in cages most of the movie. But that’s also why I liked it. It was different from the Dinosaurs in a Park movie. It was a story about Dinosaur Poachers. 

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Just saw it. I’m glad I went in expecting to be disappointed. I actually enjoyed it. If you turn your brain off, and just want to be entertained, then you will like this movie. 

Hide contents

I actually thought this was better than JW1, but the first might of been a little funnier. This was less over the top. The story was more contained and more developed. It had some solid side characters. 

Spoiler

I thought the exact opposite. I thought JW1 was a pretty simple, straight-forward extension of the original movie. This one - JW2 - I felt like tried to do too much, and I thought the same with the quick dino scenes- like they were trying a little too hard to cram in as many dino-seconds as possible. 

I think this is a movie that will be much better in the directors cut. Everything was too jumpy. Though I will never be able to not eye roll at 1) Blue crying and 2) Indoraptor smirking. 

21 hours ago, Red Five said:

Back to back "if you turn your brain off...." posts. I rest my case.

"Well if you just don't think at all about what's happening on the screen in front of you..."

Well, it is a movie, the fifth one in fact, about seeing animals that have been extinct for millions of years.   

18 hours ago, RD3 said:

I have an 84" projector screen in our gameroom with surround sound.  For the 1st time I let me kids (9,7,5) watch the original on bluray. They loved it.  I did too.

The original is in my top 5 list of movies to watch in theater.  "Saving Private Ryan" is as well.  I don't know why theaters don't play that on Memorial Day weekend on a limited showing basis.  I'd pay to watch it on the big screen again.

I’d go see it ever Memorial weekend if they’d do that.  Watching it in the theatre when it first came out was an extraordinarily surreal experience.  

Well, it is a movie, the fifth one in fact, about seeing animals that have been extinct for millions of years.   

And again, watching living dinosaurs was the most believable part of the movie. Well, except for the one that cried and the one that winked to the audience.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’d go see Saving Private Ryan ever Memorial weekend if they’d do that.  Watching it in the theatre when it first came out was an extraordinarily surreal experience.  

I saw Saving Private Ryan at the old Barton Creek movie theatre across the street from the mall.  It's now condos.

It was stadium theatre seating and awesome for that movie.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:09 PM, ajax said:

From the trailers it looks like Red has eaten too much jurassic pork.

13 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

did her tits get bigger or was that just movie magic

She's still losing weight from a roll she gained 30lbs for.