Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Red Five

Watched this on the plane last night. It was decent. I wasn't bored. But at the end I was wondering why, other than making a lot of money, was this made? It seemed like a direct ripoff of Jurassic Park 2. Dinosaurs just aren't as much fun when they're not on the island. Again, it wasn't bad or terrible but it just didn't really add much. I mean how many new, manufactured dinosaurs are they going to make? At least go full Dino Riders next time, you know, to keep it interesting.

screen-shot-2015-10-13-at-4-24-34-pm.png

And the formula of you need a nerd, a tough girl, and a kid in danger is getting really old. At least kill one of them off to be different. And it may have been because it was on a really tiny screen but did the raptor cry during the surgery? And of course, the T-Rex has to swoop in a couple times and kill the dino that's threatening the main characters. And sweet lord, I love Goldblum but that bit at the end was very eye rolling. 

Watched it over the weekend. It was so bad my 9 and 12 year old were making fun of it. At the end of the last scene when the dinos run off into the bushes and all the characters look at each other my daughter quipped, "Good news: we're going to have to make another movie."

Bingo

I think I'm most disappointed that Goldblum's role was just a cameo. I can watch him in two hours of just about anything.

you know what would be nice in a Jurassic movie?

just once, just fucking once, can the bad guys NOT be a fucking dark-side INGen employee.     I mean jesus christ, every fucking Jurassic movie has used the same script.  Dark-Side, greedy ingen employee wants to steal the dino's and sell them for money..... and the plan fails and the dinos win

that gets really repetitive and boring.

• 1 month later...

None of the movie made sense

Spoiler

So the guy who had access to billions and billions and billions of dollars, who controlled the fortune of the guy who made dinosaurs and cloned his own daughter, did all of this...for $100m? So he would have money, to do what he was already doing?

Also, the auction was ridiculous. Private jets cost way more than $10,000,000. Here's a DINOSAUR. It is $10,000,000. That makes no sense.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

just once, just fucking once, can the bad guys NOT be a fucking dark-side INGen employee.     I mean jesus christ, every fucking Jurassic movie has used the same script.  Dark-Side, greedy ingen employee wants to steal the dino's and sell them for money..... and the plan fails and the dinos win

That's the part that gets repetitive?    How about the fact that in every movie no one says, "Hey these things go loose and killed folks.   Maybe we shouldn't try this again"     Of course we would not have a movie then but I'm good with that at this point.

On 6/24/2018 at 5:59 PM, Trey3216 said:

I’d go see it ever Memorial weekend if they’d do that.  Watching it in the theatre when it first came out was an extraordinarily surreal experience.  

With apologies to Jurassic Park commenters, I must join those above who commented on Saving Private Ryan. I first saw it in a packed house, maybe 300 people, on a Friday night.  When it ended and the credits began to appear, for at least ninety seconds no one spoke or got up or even moved.  It was totally silent.  Slowly, silently, the theater emptied.  It sad by far the most powerful, gut-wrenching film I have seen.  Leave it to Speilberg.  All I could think was, the best war is a very bad thing and the worst peace is very good indeed.

Edited by Bama Llama

2 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

With apologies to Jurassic Park commenters, I must join those above who commented on Saving Private Ryan. I first saw it in a packed house, maybe 300 people, on a Friday night.  When it ended and the credits began to appear, for at least ninety seconds no one spoke or got up or even moved.  It was totally silent.  By far the most powerful, gut-wrenching film I have seen.  Leave it to Speilberg.

Yep.  I saw it in the theater 3 times.  1st was on opening day at 6PM.  Remember seeing WWII Vets leaving the theater during the DDay scene crying, saw one vomiting.   At the end of the movie, everyone was wiping tears from their eyes and said not a single word.   Never felt that way walking out of a movie before 

• 3 years later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

Here's an idea: Dark-Side, greedy paleontologists want to steal the dino's and sell them for money. Heroic Ingen executives struggle to foil the plan. Meanwhile, dinos get free and eat a lot of people. Eventually, in an ironic twist no one sees coming, the dinos eat the evil paleontologists.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I'll see this stupidity but I'd like to see a movie that would be somewhat realistic...the military killing dinosaurs and dinosaurs killing rednecks who get too close thinking their AR and combat LARPing skills are taking down a T-Rex.

You seek out the same thing in Bond films and Marvel movies?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I'll see this stupidity but I'd like to see a movie that would be somewhat realistic...the military killing dinosaurs and dinosaurs killing rednecks who get too close thinking their AR and combat LARPing skills are taking down a T-Rex.

I would like to see some redneck thinking he'll get a dinosaur head on his wall, only to find his lifted F-150 being torn apart by a T-Rex, his bullets doing nothing except pissing it off more, and the dino discovering that while the guy's body armor is crunchy and hard to get through, there is in fact a soft creamy center.

My big problem is how the fuck are they breeding so fast and in such large numbers.  I would think the military would be able to wipe out most of them in a year or two, instead of it looking like they are taking over the earth.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would like to see some redneck thinking he'll get a dinosaur head on his wall, only to find his lifted F-150 being torn apart by a T-Rex, his bullets doing nothing except pissing it off more, and the dino discovering that while the guy's body armor is crunchy and hard to get through, there is in fact a soft creamy center.

My big problem is how the fuck are they breeding so fast and in such large numbers.  I would think the military would be able to wipe out most of them in a year or two, instead of it looking like they are taking over the earth.

Realistically, the dinos in the ocean would be by far the biggest problem, no reliable way to track and kill them (subs?) and they would wreck shipping and deplete food supply.

• 2 months later...

Bought tickets to Jurassic Park Dominion for opening weekend with the kid. First in theater movie I’ve been to in a couple years now and I’m excited. Little sad it’s the last of the series, but hopefully it will get a reboot.

Edited by Enchubben

On 2/10/2022 at 11:41 AM, MoJames said:

Yup just based on principle I'll have to see this one in the theater. Waited in line in 1993 for 2 hours to see the first one and it was one of my favorite cinema experiences growing up.

Yep.  12 year old me got legit chills and cried happy tears when we saw the first dinos on screen in the park.  Was one of the most moving in theater experiences I will ever have.  

On 2/11/2022 at 9:17 AM, Dr Fear said:

Realistically, the dinos in the ocean would be by far the biggest problem, no reliable way to track and kill them (subs?) and they would wreck shipping and deplete food supply.

This sentence made me laugh.

Glad you clarified that you were describing a realistic scenario

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

anybody see this yet? pretty big gap b/t critics' score (33%) and audience score (80%)...because dinosaurs i assume. 

we're going Sunday, need some mindless entertainment and i suspect this will do. 😎

Edited by mchookem

It’s easily one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Kid wanted to see it so we went last night. After an hour I took my phone out to see how long the movie was and realized I had to sit through another hour and half. 
Chris Pratt had about the worst acting performance I’ve seen in a major movie and he only spoke like 10 lines the whole movie. Goldblum was clearly cashing a check. There’s no discernible plot and it’s basically just a Dino fight scene once every ten minutes or so.

As we were leaving my first comment was that it was the worst movie I’ve ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

anybody see this yet? pretty big gap b/t critics' score (33%) and audience score (80%)...because dinosaurs i assume. 

we're going Sunday, need some mindless entertainment and i suspect this will do. 😎

It’s not entertainment. It is mindless though 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s easily one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Kid wanted to see it so we went last night. After an hour I took my phone out to see how long the movie was and realized I had to sit through another hour and half. 
Chris Pratt had about the worst acting performance I’ve seen in a major movie and he only spoke like 10 lines the whole movie. Goldblum was clearly cashing a check. There’s no discernible plot and it’s basically just a Dino fight scene once every ten minutes or so.

As we were leaving my first comment was that it was the worst movie I’ve ever seen.

Wuld appreciate if you could just cut to the chase and tell us what you really think.

• Haha 2