Texas Midweek Games 3/7-3/8

Horny Bull

6 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Did we ever hear an explanation of the ball thrown into the net last night but our guy was not awarded first?

Real curious about that motherfucker.

I think they are considering the net as a continuous barrier that’s in play for a thrown ball.  If a ball is thrown to home from center and it sails over the catcher and hits the net, it’s not out of play; the runners don’t get to automatically advance a base.  Similarly, if it bounces off the turf and the railing and hits the net and comes back, the ball is in play.  That’s my cockamamie explanation anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Rholl said:

Did that bomb clear the scoreboard???    Watched the replay several times and cant see it bounce back onto field and cant tell if it fell in scoreboard and outfield fence.

Either cleared it or hit towards the top and fell down. Hard to tell.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think they are considering the net as a continuous barrier that’s in play for a thrown ball.  If a ball is thrown to home from center and it sails over the catcher and hits the net, it’s not out of play; the runners don’t get to automatically advance a base.  Similarly, if it bounces off the turf and the railing and hits the net and comes back, the ball is in play.  That’s my cockamamie explanation anyway.  

Yea that doesn’t make any sense