adams out at Tceh

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Arguing "Adams isn't a terrible coach" because he won at the NJCAA level is what I was responding to. That means nothing. The NJCAA versus NCAA is like comparing high school basketball to the pros. 

We're talking about the D1 level. There are good middle school coaches too but that doesn't mean they're good coaches at the D1 level. 

And had you read my entire post, you would see I agree with you about D1. But to completely dismiss his very successful lower level collegiate career (he was also a .730 career coach in D2) is just as dumb as the TTU fans claiming he was the reason for Beard’s success.

10 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

And had you read my entire post, you would see I agree with you about D1. But to completely dismiss his very successful lower level collegiate career (he was also a .730 career coach in D2) is just as dumb as the TTU fans claiming he was the reason for Beard’s success.

No it's not. I don't care what Adams did at the JUCO, high school, or middle school level. 

Are you going to post some winning percentages of middle school coaches next and argue they're "good coaches"? We're talking about Adams at the D1 level. The evidence proves that he's not a good D1 coach. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He's the same profile as Adams. 

Tech fans are just too dumb to realize that Adams never did anything without Beard's roster or culture. Same thing probably applies to Terry so maybe they're dumb enough to do it again. 

Once again, Terry made both programs he coached at better during his tenure.

Both teams went from losing records to 20 win seasons.

Y'all love to point at his overall record without looking at the clear trend that occurred at both places.

12 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Once again, Terry made both programs he coached at better during his tenure.

Both teams went from losing records to 20 win seasons.

Y'all love to point at his overall record without looking at the clear trend that occurred at both places.

Chris Beard took over a UALR program that finished 13-18 and 15-17 in the 2 years prior and turned them into a 30-5 team that won a NCAA tournament game. 

Taking a terrible program and simply making it ok doesn't mean you're the type coach Texas should be hiring. Just compare what Beard did at UALR in 1 year versus Terry in 10 years at UTEP and UNLV to get perspective on the coach Texas should be trying to hire. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed