Texas vs OSU, Big XII Tourney- tonight around 6-ish

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

You can realize it and also realize tonight wasnt one of the teams better efforts at the same time.    

I mean not really. They just beat a top 20 defense by 13 points. The “effort” was fine. It’s hard to win in March. Games are gritty, shooting is off, officials allow more physical play. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I mean not really. They just beat a top 20 defense by 13 points. The “effort” was fine. It’s hard to win in March. Games are gritty, shooting is off, officials allow more physical play. 

And without Timmy, the heart and soul 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, TornACL said:

My favorite pony tail ref moment of the night was when oSu drove to the basket, trucked someone, and that bitch waited to see if the ball went in before she excitedly called...a charge.

I mean come on, be a serious conference.

To be fair, all refs are taught that regardless of leagues. And 2 of the refs in tonight game will also be reffing us in the SEC (and 1 of them in the ACC if we ever decided to jump to that conference). 

2 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

@Pancho - rules clarification, por favor:

If a team is in the bonus/bonus+, why no free throws if the other team commits an offensive foul? I've seen that twice in the past few days.

Thanks.

Offensive fouls like charges don’t result in free throws

9 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

@Pancho - rules clarification, por favor:

If a team is in the bonus/bonus+, why no free throws if the other team commits an offensive foul? I've seen that twice in the past few days.

Thanks.

Because it's a team control foul. No FTs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Pancho said:

To be fair, all refs are taught that regardless of leagues. And 2 of the refs in tonight game will also be reffing us in the SEC (and 1 of them in the ACC if we ever decided to jump to that conference). 

Can you explain to me why they would be taught that? If it's a charge it doesn't fucking matter whether they made the shot or not.

Of course, unless it's a situation where the contact came way after the shot. Like, the shot was made but then they landed and careened into someone. I have seen that before. This was not that situation. Not even close.

1 hour ago, chemHORN said:

A win is a win but let's not pretend that was one of our better efforts offensively.  We were fresh against a team that had to play yesterday.

Have you ever considered that when you play one of the best defenses in the country, it tends to make your offense look shitty?

14 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Can you explain to me why they would be taught that? If it's a charge it doesn't fucking matter whether they made the shot or not.

Of course, unless it's a situation where the contact came way after the shot. Like, the shot was made but then they landed and careened into someone. I have seen that before. This was not that situation. Not even close.

Honestly, it's like a 50/50 call depending on what the fuck is happening in the game:

- Yeah, he got fouled but they are up by 45 points, but that foul was really bad and the ball didn't go in so fuck it, I'll call the foul - or- they are up by 45 and we all want to go home, the ball went in so play on. 

or

- it was a charge, sure, but that team definitely isn't going to come back, so the ball went in so let's just play on because everyone here wants to go home -or- damn, the team down by 184 points just came back and is down now by 9 and it's a ballgame now and there was contact but the ball didn't go in to continue their momentum? - FOUL. 

• Like 1

Can we spend a minute talking about the No-call on the osu 3 point shot late in the game that the announce called an egregious foul?

pump fake, defender jumps, but pulls hands behind his back and was going to land in front of the ball handler without touching him, but ball handler jumps into him to initiate contact. 

i would like to think that a no-call should be the correct call here as the offensive player initiated contact and did not give the defender a place to land. When the defense does either of those things it’s a foul on the defense. 

but we all have seen this called a foul on the defense more often than not, and it’s considered a smart play to draw a foul in that way. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I agreed it was a good no call.  I also found it interesting that the closest ref was he one who was standing next to Terry when the technical was called.  He looked super surprised when she called it.  I think it was a make up call.

• Hook 'Em 1