Texas vs OSU, Big XII Tourney- tonight around 6-ish

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We looked like a sweet 16 team for about 10 minutes of the first half.  Then…dog shit.  

That was a de factor tourney game for osu - who's going to be better than anyone we play in the first round - and we beat them by 13. That fairly directly translates to being better than a sweet sixteen team, as it's the type of team we'd play in the ro32.

Oh and we were missing our 3rd best player. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

This team obviously isn’t perfect but they really are dangerous in March specifically because of guard play. There’s just not many teams with four guards at this level, and even fewer with a forward that does some guard things.

March could be fun. At least I hope it will be

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is the dumbest narrative there is. We had the second most road wins in the Big 12. It’s almost like it’s hard to win games on the road in the toughest conference in basketball. We should know consider we went 8-1 in Big 12 play at home.

So you are saying we played worse on the road than we did at home?  We looked more like the road version of Texas than the home version of Texas tonight.  I think that is a fair statement.  A win is a win.  Luckily OSU looked like they had just played a game yesterday and were out of gas.    

Edited by chemHORN

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

So you are saying we played worse on the road than we did at home?  We looked more like the road version of Texas than the home version of Texas tonight.  I think that is a fair statement.  A win is a win.  Luckily OSU looked like they had just played a game yesterday and were out of gas.    

What I’m saying is making statements like “looks like road Texas is going to show up at neutral sites” is stupid

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think our biggest issue with the starting lineup is we're too big with Allen, Mitchell and Disu. 

We are so much more disruptive when we have 3 guards at the point of attack. 

I would not be against removing Mitchell from the lineup. With Hunter coming on here, we are 1 piece from a dangerous starting 5, versus 3 on 5 or 4 on 5

Just now, Js1 said:

I would not be against removing Mitchell from the lineup. With Hunter coming on here, we are 1 piece from a dangerous starting 5, versus 3 on 5 or 4 on 5

Yeah, I think our best lineup is with Allen at the 4 with either Disu or Bishop. 

If Morris can defend like that you now have a guard that can come off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think our biggest issue with the starting lineup is we're too big with Allen, Mitchell and Disu. 

We are so much more disruptive when we have 3 guards at the point of attack. 

I do like some of the lineups we played tonight that we wouldn't have played were Timmy in the game. However, we're just a bad matchup for osu. We held them to under 50 in Stillwater and beat them by 14 in Moody. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Also ain’t no ugly wins in March. A win is a win when it’s win or go home 

I don't think it was really ugly to be honest. OK STate is #12 in adjusted D. They're one of the best defenses in the country.

They give everyone issues on the offensive end. We controlled the game on the defensive end, rebounded, and did enough offensively. Tonight was a good win. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yea Mitchell needs minutes but we don’t involve him in the first unit offense so there’s not much point in starting him when he’s not elite defensively. Let him come on at the first subs and let him attack second team forwards on the baseline and PnR.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Well we haven't played all that well in our 2 neutral site games this year so far so is it?  

I'm curious what team you think we just played and beat by double digits.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Js1 said:

Today is further proof how important being in the top 6 of the conference is every year. Both teams who played Wednesday lost today. 3 in 3 days is hard, 4 in 4 days is tougher 

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

...they were playing two of the best 6 or 7 teams in the country. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Today is further proof how important being in the top 6 of the conference is every year. Both teams who played Wednesday lost today. 3 in 3 days is hard, 4 in 4 days is tougher 

Definitely true but also the weakest 4 teams are headed home. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed