Texas vs TCU, Big XII Tournament, tonight ~8:30 pm

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sweet! Let's win this thing!

Two wins over KU should be worth a 1 seed.

it likely won't be. ku, u of h, bama, purdue, and imo ucla are all ahead of us, and are all cruising in their conference tourneys. i think it would get us the top 2 seed and would probably guarantee preferential treatment when it comes to which region we're in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it likely won't be. ku, u of h, bama, purdue, and imo ucla are all ahead of us, and are all cruising in their conference tourneys. i think it would get us the top 2 seed and would probably guarantee preferential treatment when it comes to which region we're in.

yep.  we had our chance against BU, Tech and TCU and couldn't close the deal. win one of those and we probably take KU's seed. it does suck that we could beat Kansas twice to end the season and not get a #1.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  we had our chance against BU, Tech and TCU and couldn't close the deal. win one of those and we probably take KU's seed. it does suck that we could beat Kansas twice to end the season and not get a #1.

If we end up in the region with the weakest #1 that's good as well.

29 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If we end up in the region with the weakest #1 that's good as well.

Kansas? Would the committee really put both these teams in the same region after the just played for the conference title and twice in a couple of weeks?

I think Houston, Bama (with Mr Accessory to Murder playing), and Purdue are better than them. Don't want that Purdue matchup nightmare inside again this year. 

Just now, Hermanator said:

Kansas? Would the committee really put both these teams in the same region after the just played for the conference title and twice in a couple of weeks?

I think Houston, Bama (with Mr Accessory to Murder playing), and Purdue are better than them. Don't want that Purdue matchup nightmare inside again this year. 

Kansas isn't going to be the weakest 1 seed with 15 Q1 wins. They might even be the #1 overall seed. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Blown out by OU Alabama? Better than Kansas?

• Hook 'Em 2

KU should be the no.1 overall seed. if the 1 seeds are KU, Bama, Purdue, and U of H then i'd easily prefer to be paired with bama over any of the other three. don't want to meet edey again, don't want to play ku a fourth time, do NOT want to face houston as that would essentially be like playing against chris beard's version of our own Texas team, which leaves alabama, a school that everyone in the country will be rooting against the entir le way. i wanted Oats to come here. now i'd love a chance to knock him out of the tourney. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

We beat a good/hot TCU team pretty handily with both Carr and Rice having shit games on offense.

If Carr, Rice, and Hunter could get their shit together and all play well at the same time we’d be almost unbeatable. 

giphy.gif

Very impressed to see our 'Horns reach the finals without Timmy. Would love another win over KU but it probably won't matter in the whole scheme of things as Texas is locked in as a 2 seed.

Most importantly, Disu and Bishop are waking up. Lot of that probably has to do with opposing lineups, but if they can carry that form over to the tournament, Texas could be making waves.

Not so worried about Carr and Rice's slumps. Both seem like guys who could miss 30 shots in a row yet still believe the next will drop.

What's more key is that Hunter's shots continue to fall. Tyrese seemed to have lost his mojo during the second half of the regular season but he's looking more and more confident with each passing day.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Would love another win over KU but it probably won't matter in the whole scheme of things as Texas is locked in as a 2 seed.

Would need to root for Mizzou over Alabama and Ohio State (🤮) over Purdue to even have a shot at the 1 

KU is top overall regardless 

UCLA is going to get it regardless, since they play Arizona. Not going to get dinged for losing to the Wildcats

UH in the same boat - can’t see them missing a 1 seed because they lose in the AAC semifinals. Record and NET are too good 

It’s really leapfrogging Purdue on the 2 line to get to #5 overall and then having Alabama falter, but their schedule is so good (#2 SOS and #1 non-conference SOS) that I still think they’d stay ahead of us

We lost the 1 seed in Lubbock, Waco with a huge lead and Fort Worth

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Very impressed to see our 'Horns reach the finals without Timmy.

you know what i've been the most impressed with this tournament (and really all year?) how dedicated and selfless dillon mitchell and arterio morris have been. these days, you take two kids like that and you only give them 5-10 mpg and they are checked out by early february. not these guys. i am so impressed with how fully bought in they both are, showing no signs of ego or entitlement despite them both being put on a pedestal their whole lives. they genuinely appear to just love grinding and competing with their teammates, and as normal as that used to be for freshman players, i have to give those guys huge respect for the way they've handled themselves. each of them has had his moments in this tourney, and we may very well need them going forward, and that wouldn't be possible if these guys were typical stud freshmen. i'm really proud and happy to have those two as Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

you know what i've been the most impressed with this tournament (and really all year?) how dedicated and selfless dillon mitchell and arterio morris have been. these days, you take two kids like that and you only give them 5-10 mpg and they are checked out by early february. not these guys. i am so impressed with how fully bought in they both are, showing no signs of ego or entitlement despite them both being put on a pedestal their whole lives. they genuinely appear to just love grinding and competing with their teammates, and as normal as that used to be for freshman players, i have to give those guys huge respect for the way they've handled themselves. each of them has had his moments in this tourney, and we may very well need them going forward, and that wouldn't be possible if these guys were typical stud freshmen. i'm really proud and happy to have those two as Longhorns.

I'm a believer in karma. 

These two could have bailed mid-season like Jaylon Tyson but they didn't. Now Tyson gets to miss the tournament and his lesbian coach is gone. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

You're 0-for-2.

Let me guess - you're intimidated by intelligence. 🤣

I earned a PhD from the university of Texas, have around a dozen peer reviewed academic publications, and thousands of students have paid money to take my courses

So maybe I’m just secure in my intelligence and don’t need to be pedantic on a message board to try to prove I’m smart 🤷🏼‍♂️

35 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I earned a PhD from the university of Texas, have around a dozen peer reviewed academic publications, and thousands of students have paid money to take my courses

So maybe I’m just secure in my intelligence and don’t need to be pedantic on a message board to try to prove I’m smart 🤷🏼‍♂️

cookie-monster.gif

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fran mentioned the seniors have really taken those two under their wings. With mentors like Allen/Brock/Bishop/Disu and Carr/Rice, not hard to understand why they believe in themselves and their role 

I hear Brock has helped show Dillon Mitchell how to get inordinate amounts of pussy. Like absurd amounts of ass. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Shortly after Beard was suspended Morris was openly saying he was hitting the portal after the season. 

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Shortly after Beard was suspended Morris was openly saying he was hitting the portal after the season. 

What he decides to do after the season has little to do with Derka's comment. Kid plays his fucking ass off. 

And I doubt he xfers if Terry sticks around. 

• Hook 'Em 1