Tulsa and OKC

Errestaurants

Unless it’s reopened, Joe Mommas burned down. It’s reopening but it hadn’t yet as of a few months ago. 

The Tavern is very good, if pricey, higher end bar food. STG is excellent  pizza but they changed the concept a while back and I haven’t been since then. Prairie Ales is great for beer snobs. Food is solid. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if made your trip to Tulsa yet, but would definitely second BurnCo.

Andollini's is good, but don't know if I'd call it the best in town.   For NYC Style I like Umberto's.

I always recommend Bohemian Pizza to everyone.  It's a small place but EXCELLENT. (If you want to go for dinner I'd recommend a reservation because they fill up fast)

Also, if you like old-world/family style Italian, I highly recommend Mondo's in Brookside.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

In OKC today and had dinner at The Press. Highly recommend it. I had the Indian Taco and my coworker had the cornflake fried chicken sandwich dipped in a honey buffalo sauce. Everything on the menu looked great.

This is good to know.  Definitely going to try it next time I am in OKC.  It is owned by the same folks as the Mule, which is another place I really like in OKC.

If you're still here for breakfast, I recommend Chimera downtown, or Wild Fork at Utica Square.  Joe Momma's reopened, but Andolini's on Cherry Street is the best pizza in town.  

I second Andolini's. Pretty good beer selection too. 

The Prairie Brewpub is cool, food is good, beer is great.

Also one in OKC that I haven't been to yet.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 1:15 PM, BigDHornfan said:

Going to be in Tulsa week after next.  Glad to see this thread.  Will report back as well.  Also hope to do a little bourbon hunting while I am there.

Got a good rec a few months ago. Try the Valkyrie in the downtown Tulsa area. They have just about every bourbon you want, except for the van winkles.

For a great table steak. Try Bull down the Ally. Its about 50 steps. They might have some good selections also.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Got a good rec a few months ago. Try the Valkyrie in the downtown Tulsa area. They have just about every bourbon you want, except for the van winkles.

For a great table steak. Try Bull down the Ally. Its about 50 steps. They might have some good selections also.

The Fairfield is walking distance from everything. Just FYI.

If you want to grab something on the way out of Oklahoma City to hold you over until re-entry to Texas..?

Try a local franchise called Del Rancho & get the steak sandwich supreme: (there's locations all over the OKC area if I remember right)...

Edited by kopp0e

On 5/28/2018 at 10:29 AM, ckhorn said:

Yeah Bull in the Alley is very good. 

Another new place that I just went to for the first time is Nola's on Cherry Street (15th and Peoria).  It's a New Orleans style restaurant. I really liked it.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Another new place that I just went to for the first time is Nola's on Cherry Street (15th and Peoria).  It's a New Orleans style restaurant. I really liked it.

Is that new? I haven't been to Tulsa much in the past 6 months but I didn't notice it when I went to Kilkenny's around Christmas.  Lasalle's is my go-to work lunch when in Tulsa. That's a seriously good po' boy shop by some Katrina refugees.

Edited by CooterBrown

49 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Is that new? I haven't been to Tulsa much in the past 6 months but I didn't notice it when I went to Kilkenny's around Christmas.  Lasalle's is my go-to work lunch when in Tulsa. That's a seriously good po' boy shop by some Katrina refugees.

Yeah it's pretty new... I think it opened only maybe a month ago.  It's on the corner of 15th and Peoria at a spot that has been a number of different run-of-the-mill bars over the years.  The owners put a TON of money into the new place and really built it out very nicely.

Yeah LaSalle's is definitely legit.  Love that place.

Nola's is more of a cocktail/dinner place vs. what LaSalle's is.  But if you like LaSalle's, I'd definitely check out Nola's. 

http://www.nolastulsa.com/

Edited by oSuJeff97

30 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Haven't been able to do shit during the last 4 days, but I just ate at Rons burger and chili and holy fuck it was awesome.

Did you get the cheeseburger that's covered in a pile of chili?  I think that one meal is what caused me to get stents.

The bar area at the downtown Mahogany in OKC is awesome. 

Breakfast: 

Nic’s 

Waffle Champion

Hatch

Neighborhood Jam

Lunch:

Nic’s

Tuckers

Empire Slice House

Cafe Kacoa

Dinner:

Cheevers 

Mahogany

The Press

Sushi Neko

Goro Ramen (unbelievably good)

Did you get the cheeseburger that's covered in a pile of chili?  I think that one meal is what caused me to get stents.

yep. Got the sausage cheeseburger double. Good god it was insane. Belongs in the steel shank thread 

aa83d07f4a2d102a0fadba8d7ee67437.jpg

• Drool 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, Spankytoes said:

Toby Keith’s I love This Bar for Dinner. Earl’s Rib Palace for lunch. Get the smoked bologna 

If you like Logan's Roadhouse you'll love Toby Keith's.  

I'll leave it to you all to decide.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:19 PM, ocugolf said:

The bar area at the downtown Mahogany in OKC is awesome. 

Breakfast: 

Nic’s 

Waffle Champion

Hatch

Neighborhood Jam

Lunch:

Nic’s

Tuckers

Empire Slice House

Cafe Kacoa

Dinner:

Cheevers 

Mahogany

The Press

Sushi Neko

Goro Ramen (unbelievably good)

This guy fucks. 

On 6/4/2018 at 12:37 PM, Zepol87 said:

Haven't been able to do shit during the last 4 days, but I just ate at Rons burger and chili and holy fuck it was awesome.

I normally go to Ron's burger on NW Expressway, but I wanted to add that I stopped by a place close to the state capital "George's Happy Hog"; really good BBQ...

Georges+01.JPG

Edited by kopp0e
  • Like 2

On 5/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, kopp0e said:

If you want to grab something on the way out of Oklahoma City to hold you over until re-entry to Texas..?

Try a local franchise called Del Rancho & get the steak sandwich supreme: (there's locations all over the OKC area if I remember right)...

Their ordering system is definitely okie by design, but that steak sammich looks legit AF.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, Zepol87 said:

yep. Got the sausage cheeseburger double. Good god it was insane. Belongs in the steel shank thread 

aa83d07f4a2d102a0fadba8d7ee67437.jpg

Ron’s had a location near my high school in T-town.  I’ve put my stents on layaway due to burgers like this in my past.

On another note, burgers at The Mont in Norman are truly spectacular.  Their queso gives Bob Dip a run for their money too.

This town is not as bad as I thought.
Did some badass bar hopping last night. Started at mix co by the hotel. Met 2 chicks and a dude we kicked it for a bit and they invited me out with them. 29 year old 1st grade teacher. Hit everything.

Mixco-basement bar. Hipster mixology bar. Good drinks
Saturn Room- tiki bar that looks like a trailer covered in bamboo in the middle of a parking lot. Actually cool and lots of chicks
Hunt club- some local band was playing they wanted to see cheap beer
Inner Circle- big ass courtyard and packed. At 31 I was the oldest one I think
The Tavern- walked in and walked out. Tinder girl I hooked up with last time was bartending and was gonna start shit
Whiskey- terrible country place. Don't go it sucks but cheap

3am hot dogs at Doggfathers were great.

Alcohol is cheap as hell here. Everyone smokes though.