49-0

Bullneck

After rewatching it, Jeff Lebby should be our play(call)er of the game. They get a couple of good runs going outside and turn it into 20's era football with leather helmets. I don't know just how bad their backup QB is, but Lebby didn't even try to get him in rhythm. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95264e7b937a571ecc08

Boys, I was doing some research on Oklahoma laws regarding physicians, suicide, etc and came across this little nugget.  This is the current law in Oglaucoma.

If any person shall utter or speak any obscene or lascivious language or word in any public place, or in the presence of females, or in the presence of children under ten (10) years of age, he shall be liable to a fine of not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or imprisonment for not more than thirty (30) days, or both.

Okla. Stat. tit. 21 § 906

I was talking to my son after this game, also a UT grad, and he said he’d never experienced a UT-OU game or outcome like that.  I countered perhaps no one alive had.  At least in terms of emotional satisfaction.  Very nice to find oneself in a conversation about this game.  
We can take this to our graves, but, being us, I hope for just a bit more.  Another time or two, thanks.

21 hours ago, Rimbo said:

don't know how many times i've watched this... and will keep on watching it

I've said it before, but this right here was my favorite part of the game:

image.thumb.png.7d51afc2ef75b1596957178bf57510f9.png

image.png.20272f33029e359b92d066b0827ee8d7.png

image.thumb.png.217919c0724ef76c1718f839fd965b6c.png

It's when I said, "OK, this year this game is going to be different."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I've said it before, but this right here was my favorite part of the game:

image.thumb.png.7d51afc2ef75b1596957178bf57510f9.png

image.png.20272f33029e359b92d066b0827ee8d7.png

image.thumb.png.217919c0724ef76c1718f839fd965b6c.png

It's when I said, "OK, this year this game is going to be different.

it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog... in this case both sizes were large

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

All I got is that I was there and it was fantastic. One of those cathartic games. 

I think we need to do this 3 more years in a row, at least, before I have the bad taste of the start of this century out of my mouth.

2022 reminded me of the '99 game in reverse, where we got out to a big lead, and then reality came crashing down. 2023 was like '00 in reverse, right down to the 49-point margin of victory.

It was good to do unto them what they had done unto us.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

I was talking to my son after this game, also a UT grad, and he said he’d never experienced a UT-OU game or outcome like that.  I countered perhaps no one alive had.  At least in terms of emotional satisfaction.

2005 was better, coming off of 5 straight years of the Mack and GDGD show

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 3

I was talking to my son after this game, also a UT grad, and he said he’d never experienced a UT-OU game or outcome like that.  I countered perhaps no one alive had.  At least in terms of emotional satisfaction.  Very nice to find oneself in a conversation about this game.  
We can take this to our graves, but, being us, I hope for just a bit more.  Another time or two, thanks.

It was the weirdest game I’ve seen. My 14 year old was watching as well, and we kept looking at each other laughing.

Ou is so f’d with dipshit coming back to town. He is white Charlie strong.
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, WBT said:

Fucking A it was. I was there, and had also witnessed live the last five years of OU wins. And we knew that team was going to be special, coming off the 2004 Rose Bowl championship season and the win at Ohio State.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/11/2023 at 7:23 PM, WBT said:

This.

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fucking A it was. I was there, and had also witnessed live the last five years of OU wins. And we knew that team was going to be special, coming off the 2004 Rose Bowl championship season and the win at Ohio State.

2005 all the way. Like South Austin said, there was a charged belief that morning of wanting to end the skid, but also knowing the team was special. When it became apparent that Texas was finally the team that came to fuck, and OU was the one intimidated who had no answer, the cathartic release was immeasurable. The VY to Pittman long td in the 2nd quarter was like watching a bully get dropped with one punch. The second half was absolute jubilation in knowing the path back to LA was clear.

49-0 was fun and memorable.

45-12 was orgasmic and Holy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The VY to Pittman long td in the 2nd quarter was like watching a bully get dropped with one punch.

A lot of folks had already left my section to beat the beer lines, and normally I would’ve too. But I felt compelled to stay because I thought Mack and GD might actually pull out their dicks and go for a score to close the second half. For those around me who stayed and watched the long TD to Pittman, it was like one group orgasm.

• Hook 'Em 2

Couple of meth head okies were booting cars and towing people from P Terry's on South Lamar today.

I told the guy wearing a blowU hat "nice hat" then laughed and said 49-0 as they struggled to respond. All I heard was a "yeah.. well... Uh..."

Can't fucking wait to watch Texas dominate these fuckers this year too.

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

This.

2005 all the way. Like South Austin said, there was a charged belief that morning of wanting to end the skid, but also knowing the team was special. When it became apparent that Texas was finally the team that came to fuck, and OU was the one intimidated who had no answer, the cathartic release was immeasurable. The VY to Pittman long td in the 2nd quarter was like watching a bully get dropped with one punch. The second half was absolute jubilation in knowing the path back to LA was clear.

The only thing I hate about the 2005 game is that we called off the dogs. Vince and that offense could have easily put up 2 more touchdowns. They should have run up the score on Stoops the way he did in 2000 and 2003. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

The only thing I hate about the 2005 game is that we called off the dogs. Vince and that offense could have easily put up 2 more touchdowns. They should have run up the score on Stoops the way he did in 2000 and 2003. 

Classic Mack being a pussy. Should have scored 100 on Colorado as well in the big 12 championship.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/15/2023 at 11:27 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

This.

It was the Rhett Bomar sack/fumble/TD for me......... I almost nutted on myself on that play

I must have watched that replay a million times, just that single play

• Hook 'Em 1

There's an old joke about studio executives that I'll apply here.

The Surly football vultures have assembled around a table. They're crabbing about Mack (again) or arguing about which former Texas All-America player was the worst.

In comes a giant bowl of chili. The smell is so rich that they all stop talking and just smile. It's served all around in bowls with jalepenos, chips, and saltines on the side. They all take a spoonful and sigh at the fantastic flavor.

This great!

Best chili I've ever had!

I could eat this everyday!

They have another bite. After another moment of savoring, they say, almost at the same time:

Let's piss in it and see if we can make it better!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There's an old joke about studio executives that I'll apply here.

The Surly football vultures have assembled around a table. They're crabbing about Mack (again) or arguing about which former Texas All-America player was the worst.

In comes a giant bowl of chili. The smell is so rich that they all stop talking and just smile. It's served all around in bowls with jalepenos, chips, and saltines on the side. They all take a spoonful and sigh at the fantastic flavor.

This great!

Best chili I've ever had!

I could eat this everyday!

They have another bite. After another moment of savoring, they say, almost at the same time:

Let's piss in it and see if we can make it better!

I’d pee in her chili