Texas vs KU, Big XII Tourney Title Game- today at 5pm, ESPN

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Rice should have always been starting but you just have the wrong player here. It should be Mitchell coming off the bench. 

Rice hasn’t looked great starting. I think he benefits from watching to get the feel for the game before coming in 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m a little annoyed that our resume looks so much like Kansas’, we just beat them twice, and they will get the overall 1 and we aren’t even being talked about as a possible 1.  But yeah 5th overall isn’t much different than 4th. 

Yeah it’s pathetic, but national narrative gonna do what it do…

Anyway, finally got home to watch the final seconds of something special. Sad I missed it, but the REAL work starts now. Let’s take this energy to the Final Four!

Well, we’ve heard Lunardi’s opinion, but what’s important is what the selection committee is thinking.  I mean back-to-back ass-kickings at the hand’s of Texas and this one in Kansas’ backyard?  Kansas “might” still be a 1-seed, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they’re not the #1 over all seed, and if I were on the committee I would be giving serious consideration to dropping them to a 2-seed.  1-seed for Texas?  Probably not.  They pissed that away with the late road losses at Tech, Baylor, and TCU

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fucking awesome and well deserved. 

Love Timmy but the tournament proved our offense is better with three guards/shooter and two post players. 

The spacing was so much better, the lanes were wide open for cutting. 

Hindsight 20/20 and Timmy is 6th man of the year and Rice starts. 

Under no illusion Rodney wont have him back in the starting lineup with two guards and three non-outside shooters. 

Yeah- I sort of though that this was going to happen. Not blowing the doors off KU- but a better looking offense with more space, driving and shooting. 
Also I am developing a crush on Morris. He has something nobody else on the team has and that’s the ability to get to his spot and generate separation and his own shot against anyone. Wish we’d have seen more of him. Hope he’s back. 

We definitely deserve to be the #2 with the weakest #1.  Like someone said, we blew a #1 possibility against Tech and TCU.  

However, I don't remember any momentum at the end of a season like this, as in ever, and I think my first game at the Super Drum was in 1978.  Guessing we won conference tournaments during Pender's time, but we certainly didn't win a conference championship game by 20! Against the overall #1?  Nope, this is special. 

Crazy official calls and unexpected injuries aside, this team should certainly expect to be there in the elite 8.  We are in position A. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Right my point is they're obviously looking out for him. For sure they will go the extra mile for RT whether they hire him or not. 

Coaches have a nice bonus structure for winning the regular season, national awards and conference tournament titles. Whatever Beard’s bonus was should be Rodney’s.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Rice hasn’t looked great starting. I think he benefits from watching to get the feel for the game before coming in 

Yeah but they went 3-0 with Rice in the starting lineup playing season high in minutes in those 3 games. 

Texas is just better when they play Rice huge minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

We definitely deserve to be the #2 with the weakest #1.  Like someone said, we blew a #1 possibility against Tech and TCU.  

However, I don't remember any momentum at the end of a season like this, as in ever, and I think my first game at the Super Drum was in 1978.  Guessing we won conference tournaments during Pender's time, but we certainly didn't win a conference championship game by 20! Against the overall #1?  Nope, this is special. 

Crazy official calls and unexpected injuries aside, this team should certainly expect to be there in the elite 8.  We are in position A. 

What if Kansas is the weakest #1

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m a little annoyed that our resume looks so much like Kansas’, we just beat them twice, and they will get the overall 1 and we aren’t even being talked about as a possible 1.  But yeah 5th overall isn’t much different than 4th. 

Yeah but Kansas will still finish higher than the 4th seed. 

Non-conference SOS was the difference between us and Kansas. Kansas #12 non-conference SOS and Texas #185 (according to Kenpom). Regardless, I think we should both be 1s due to the number of quadrant 1 wins. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

And if quad 1 wins are a big deal, don’t we have a big pile of them as well?  I l if there’s 2 against Kansas as part of our last 10, which is supposed to also be a thing. 

Don’t think “last 10” is a metric anymore. But the committee is full of humans

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What if Kansas is the weakest #1

No chance. The NCAA committee has highlighted how important Q1 wins are. 

Kansas has 17 and we are the next closest at 14. Kansas will be the overall #1 or #2 seed. But this is also why we should be a 1 seed. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2