Selection Sunday Thread

Pancho

46 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We have KU's number and probably match up better than other #1s. Put us in the same bracket. I won't mind Alabama either but don't want Houston or Purdue.

Rumor had it that we destroyed UofH in preseason scrimmages. The only team I wouldn't want to face is Purdue and maybe Bama. I wouldn't mind Houston.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

49 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We have KU's number and probably match up better than other #1s. Put us in the same bracket. I won't mind Alabama either but don't want Houston or Purdue.

This is flipped. I’d welcome both houston and Purdue. I wouldn’t want to face Alabama until the FF. They are legit.

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is flipped. I’d welcome both houston and Purdue. I wouldn’t want to face Alabama until the FF. They are legit.

I understand that the flip probably seems the easier. We struggle against bigs (Purdue) and teams that play tough defense ( see TTU). We can match the offensive intensity of most teams, however.

41 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Rumor had it that we destroyed UofH in preseason scrimmages. The only team I wouldn't want to face is Purdue and maybe Bama. I wouldn't mind Houston.  

Without Sasser I’m not afraid of Houston at all.  He’s out in the AAC championship game  and they are getting killed, he is their offense.  Groin injury so who knows how long he’s out.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Doubt it. The selection show is coming up very soon, the brackets are done 

I know it's unlikely but given their fewest Q1 wins, I felt like they needed all the wins they could get, but you're probably right.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

No Purdue. Period. 

Disagree. If you don’t want Purdue, you really haven’t been following college basketball. They are not nearly as good as their seed will be and their record indicates. Alabama is way more dangerous. 

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

As long as we avoid Purdue's region, I'll be happy.

Purdue will be a 1 for sure and one of the worst ones. If I had to guess:

1s: KU, UH, Purdue, Bama

2s: UT, UCLA, Marquette, Zona

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Have a feeling Houston will be the overall #1 despite Kansas’ quad 1 win number. 

In that case, NET and quad system would just be thrown in the trash bc what matters is W-L record and that’s it 

I'm going to say it....Houston should not get a 1 seed over us. 

We are up to #7 in NET. If Houston falls to 3 or 4 in NET after today's loss that difference in NET should not make up for the rest of the resume. We have 2x as many Q1 wins, less bad losses (Q3 and Q4), and our schedule was substantially tougher. 

Q1 wins-

Texas 14

Houston 7

Q1 and Q2 wins-

Texas 18

Houston 15

Bad losses (Q3 and Q4)-

Houston 1

Texas 0

Strength of Schedule-

Texas 9

Houston 38

We moved up to #7 in NET. They probably dropped a couple spots in NET after today's loss (but it hasn't been calculated yet). We own them in ever metric except the raw NET and that's probably not a big difference after today. Houston getting a 1 over us is stupid.