Selection Sunday Thread

Pancho

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Most of the crew is the same. Nantz's swan song. Eagle taking his job in the FF next season, solid broadcaster.   Eagle / Spanarkel, Harlan / Bonner, Anderson / Jackson are the best of the crews, very solid. Jackson has really become a very good color guy. Grant Hill continues adds nothing to a broadcast. Harlan remains the best PXP guy in the business. 

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Most of the crew is the same. Nantz's swan song. Eagle taking his job in the FF next season, solid broadcaster.   Eagle / Spanarkel, Harlan / Bonner, Anderson / Jackson are the best of the crews, very solid. Jackson has really become a very good color guy. Grant Hill continues adds nothing to a broadcast. Harlan remains the best PXP guy in the business. 

Wait, has this been announced or just some hunch you have? I haven't heard anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Dear ESPN, 

K is not at Duke anymore, no reason to keep sucking them off. 

CBK Fans

Eh, I think this time around Duke might actually be peaking at the right time and has some matchups that should benefit them.  Usually the pundits are just picking them Coach K and starting off the season ranked in/near the top-5 and basically held serve the whole season...which means now they'll just lose to Oral Roberts.

Edited by Captain Obvious

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Dear ESPN, 

K is not at Duke anymore, no reason to keep sucking them off. 

CBK Fans

Duke is playing as well as anyone right now. Both ends of the court. Under the radar this season, as much as Duke can be. 

They'll beat Purdue in the 2nd weekend. 

7 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Wait, has this been announced or just some hunch you have? I haven't heard anything about it.

Yeah, Nantz Is done. Few months back.

11 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Duke is playing as well as anyone right now. Both ends of the court. Under the radar this season, as much as Duke can be. 

They'll beat Purdue in the 2nd weekend. 

Said this last night... 

21 hours ago, Underdog said:

Of course it all depends on their draw but I like Duke’s chances of a FF run.  They’re looking awfully good right now. 

Still don't like them getting sucked off. 

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Well, you're a smart man.

Well I hope like hell I'm wrong but I wouldn't necessarily bet against them. 

And just realizing  the East is in NYC this year, a UK/Duke Finals would be something else at MSG. 

Edited by Underdog

wrt experts picking us to the final four:

1. A great Cinderella story with RT taking over, similar to the Michigan story many years ago.  Steve Fischer, correct? 

2. If you hadn't watched any college basketball all year, like me before the other day, and woke up and saw this wonderful defense, and a team that has solid rebounding and fairly consistent inside play as well, AND the team won by significant margins despite their guards not playing up to their potential....

...This is obviously a final four team.  

We are a veteran team as well, correct?  The potential is there.  The bracket is there.  Is the magic there?  Why not Texas?  

The defense should never have a night off.  Will we get the luck necessary to arrive in Houston?  Nobody knows.  

I know one thing.  Because of the togetherness, ability shown, and pure desire, on any given night, this team can beat any team.

The reverse is true of course.  The  only game I would be surprised we lose is the first game.   There is no dominant team to be concerned or worried about.  

Officials, now that is a different story!  Never underestimate the refs ability to mess up a good situation.  Luck and officials, those are the only things I am worried about.   

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Well I hope like hell I'm wrong but I wouldn't necessarily bet against them. 

And just realizing  the East is in NYC this year, a UK/Duke Finals would be something else at MSG. 

No kidding.

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

He’s still gonna do football too.

Yup.

How stupid the angst about seeding. Of course it’s not objective, were you born yesterday in a barn? The only thing that matters is winning, everything else is stuff and nonsense. Zero fucks about seeding, F4 predictions, optics , or whatever the fuck Shaka is up to.

just win

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, El Squared said:

How stupid the angst about seeding. Of course it’s not objective, were you born yesterday in a barn? The only thing that matters is winning, everything else is stuff and nonsense. Zero fucks about seeding, F4 predictions, optics , or whatever the fuck Shaka is up to.

just win

I would like for people to stop trying to make us play aggy though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had to look it up.  Only three times have we been seeded 2 or better.  Final Four year obviously.  I remembered Memphis game in the Elite 8 in 2008 as we were there.  Couldn't remember the third.  Was the 2006 when we faded hard against LSU in overtime in Atlanta. But not before Pittsnogle got Paulino'd in the Sweet 16.  

Here's to Kansas City.  One more time...

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

They should've put Iowa State on the other side of our bracket.  We shouldn't have to see them until the elite 8 at the earliest since we already had to play them twice.  

There's a good chance we play Kansas 4 times this season and go 3-1.  

• Hook 'Em 1