2023 Free money giveaway... seeded draft style

Wulaw Horn

@Scipioand I are sponsoring, for the 2nd year in a row, the 2023 Free Money giveaway for the NCAA tournament.

Back by popular (or maybe not that popular) demand is the seeded team contest.  
How it works- pick 8 teams.  Every game that your team wins you multiply the seed by the round.  Points are cumulative per team. So, if you pick Texas and we win it all you will win 2+4+6+8+10+12 for a total of 42 points.  If you pick Iona (a 12 seed) and they make the sweet 16 you win 12 + 24 points for a total of 36.  So, pick accordingly. If you know that KU is going to win it all you can pick them and win 21 points, but that's the same total you'd get as a 7 seed making the sweet 16.  

Prizes

1st- $100; 2nd- $75; 3rd- $50; 4th- $25.

You have to beat me to get paid.

@MotownHornis the defending champion.

My Picks: Duke, Michigan State, Iowa State, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia, Iona

Remember- we do this with free money give aways in Football, Basketball, Baseball along with tickets and the like.  The only commercial is as sponsors of this site we donate money here, we invest in Burnt Orange and help pay the bills...  If you are looking to buy a House or have friends and family looking to buy a house I sure would like the opportunity to make sure that you have a great deal.  PM me, Call me at 832-557-1095 or visit my website at www.mortgagesbygabe.com

Thanks and Good Luck! 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'll get my picks in but I'm still trying to figure out do I take USC (10) or mich st (7) since the winner gets Marquette or a 15 seed in round 2.  Or take both, thinking it's a guaranteed 21 or 30 points, depending on who wins the first game.  Gonna have to go John Nash on this and run some numbers.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

My picks: Virginia, Creighton, Oral Roberts, Marquette, Indiana, Penn State, UConn, UCLA 

If more than one entry per household is allowed, these are the Doomlet's picks: Florida Atlantic, Northwestern, Kansas State, Mizzou, Illinois, San Diego State, Alabama, Marquette 

Doomlet is always welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As always, thanks for doing this-

Not a kitten (my son)-

VCU, drake, Boise st, Utah st, USC, tenn, Creighton, Pitt.

Not a cat (me)

Oral Roberts, Charleston, Miami, Utah st, USC, mich st, Conn, FAU.

Not trying to game the system, so if it's one entry per user name, go with my son's picks that are listed first.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Not a cat said:

As always, thanks for doing this-

Not a kitten (my son)-

VCU, drake, Boise st, Utah st, USC, tenn, Creighton, Pitt.

Not a cat (me)

Oral Roberts, Charleston, Miami, Utah st, USC, mich st, Conn, FAU.

Not trying to game the system, so if it's one entry per user name, go with my son's picks that are listed first.

Y’all are both good. 
If anyone knows anyone that would like this feel free to at them or Let them know. Thanks to all who participated! 
Gabe 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/13/2023 at 5:02 PM, Not a cat said:

I'll get my picks in but I'm still trying to figure out do I take USC (10) or mich st (7) since the winner gets Marquette or a 15 seed in round 2.  Or take both, thinking it's a guaranteed 21 or 30 points, depending on who wins the first game.  Gonna have to go John Nash on this and run some numbers.

burning homer simpson GIF

I also predicted the sun coming up in the east this morning so that makes me 2 for 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m an idiot. Will work on this tomorrow. 

What an asshole. When you run a free pool with cash prizes common courtesy dictates you get updated results ASAP.  Very disappointed.

I'll save you some time though- 

1.  Red five.

2.  Bunch of other people.

• Haha 1

Bored at work this afternoon.  This might look half right on a computer browser. Still working on the spreadsheet and can share with you @Wulaw Horn if you need it. I don't guarantee any accuracy, but here is the top 10.  Meeting the "have to beat me" requirement should not be a problem :) 

Red Five PantsTent ztejas bborange Not a cat HornOnTheBayou Darth Tron Doomlet BB65 SirLurksAlot
Texas San Diego St Duke Creighton Oral Roberts Uconn Duke Florida Atlantic Tennessee UConn
Creighton Creighton UCONN Duke Charleston Utah St St. Mary’s Northwestern Kentucky Duke
Duke Duke Creighton Gonzaga Miami Tennessee SDSU Kansas State Iowa State Gonzaga
Gonzaga Iowa State St. Mary's Indiana Utah st Creighton Mizzou Mizzou Arkansas Creighton
Miami Texas Arkansas Michigan St USC Providence Michigan State Illinois UConn Drake
Michigan St Arkansas Tennessee UConn mich st Gonzaga Kentucky San Diego State TCU Mich St
Kentucky Uconn Memphis Iowa St Uconn UCLA Indiana Alabama Texas Charleston
UConn Providence Kent State Kentucky FAU San Diego St Gonzaga Marquette  Texas A&M ASU

95 83 79 78 78 75 72 70 69 68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1