Colgate

shadow_operative

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

best three point shooting team in the country.

BF20EFC6-BAF0-4A67-9E55-5C6152071AF3.thumb.jpeg.3c64c60fa34380eb308438237f8a3eaa.jpeg

EA28C1BC-CF0E-45E1-A561-E58AD7B3A8C9.thumb.jpeg.f9a2f0ba56d4df085afb40360d850296.jpeg

DC00E48C-0420-43D2-8D50-0C724F7F8B08.thumb.jpeg.34f67d5e901ecfbb1aadc4c1186cad89.jpeg

good. i'm glad that RT and staff will have a ton of stuff that they can point to to make colgate out to be 1992 duke. i want our guys fired the fuck up for this game. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

One of the types of teams that scared me the most. Of course we got one

Four of their top-five scorers are seniors. Their entire team is made up of juniors and seniors, other than two freshmen and a sophomore.

Edited by MuellerHorn

All I know about Colgate is that it is where Adonal Foyle played. I have a really good friend from upstate in Hubbardsville, which is less than a 1000 or so people I believe, but he went to Hamilton High School and the only thing he has ever said about Colgate is that Foyle got his high school a couple of titles before he went off to play college ball. It was well before he went to high school there.

18 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Kids are supposed to meet with a Colgate alum Friday to talk about college.  That will be interesting.  

From what I have seen of the campus before it looks pretty cool and there’s plenty of things to do outdoors there. I don’t think I have ever heard anyone talk about anything negative in regards to the school.

Edited by UpperWestside

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

From what I have seen of the campus before it looks pretty cool and there’s plenty of things to do outdoors there. I don’t think I have ever heard anyone talk about anything negative in regards to the school.

It better be.  It’s not exactly your budget choice.  Hence the meeting. Guy could put in a word grant-wise.  

1 hour ago, Tennisfan said:

My son is at Colgate now. Gorgeous campus in a beautiful part of New York an hour south of Syracuse.

Colgate beat Syracuse for the first time in 65 years last year, then gave Wisconsin fits in the first round of the tourney, leading at the half, before losing by about 7.  They beat Syracuse again this year, and went 17-1 in conference play and won their conference tourney.  They are not the typical Patriot league champ.

That said, I think our size should allow us to win. They have two, heavy footed 6'10" guys, then a bunch of 6'5 types who shoot threes well.  

We better win. Losing to a 15 seed would be like losing to Kansas in football at home in Sark's first year as far as bad publicity, plus my son would have perpetual scoreboard.

Hamilton's a nice little area/village. For the longest time got it confused with Cornell thinking 'gate was an Ivy school.  

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Might be close for a good while if they’re shooting decently. I imagine our size and speed wears them down midway through the second for a nice -15-20 point win

Dude it better wear them down earlier than that. Only way this game stays within the 14 spread is if they’re lighting it up. I bet we have a 10 point lead, give or take 5, from the mid first half to the mid second half. From mid second half we build an insurmountable lead and win by 20+.