$25 NCAA pick every seed contest

TXSooner518

Cross-posting from Gamboool board:

OK, we are back in on this, we had 14 entries last year, hoping we can fly by that this year. PM me to make picks and get payment details. LFG!

You select one team on every seed line (so a 1 seed, a 2 seed, a 3 seed, etc etc). You also pick a wild card team who is NOT in your original selections. So you will select 17 teams. The scoring is 1 point for a win in the 1st round, 3 for a win in the 2nd, 5 for a win in the S16, 7 for a win in the E8, 9 for a win in the F4, and 11 for a natty win PLUS the team's seed is added to each win. So you get 2 points if your 1 seed wins in the first round, and 15 if your 14 seed does. 

The First Four play-in games don't count, so for example you could pick the winner of Pitt/Miss State (either before or after they play in the First Four, totally fine for one of your picks to be "Pitt/Miss State", but can't pick one of those teams and earn points for the play-in win. 

$25/entry, must pay and make selections by tipoff Thursday. I will share the Google Sheet with everyone by end of day Thurs and will post my own picks in the thread before tipoff so everyone knows I didn't just wait for the best picks. 

Times each team was selected:

Alabama -12
Houston - 8
Purdue - 4
Kansas - 4

Arizona - 2
Marquette - 2
Texas - 16
UCLA - 6

Gonzaga - 14
Baylor - 6
Kansas State - 3
Xavier - 0

Tennessee - 2
Virginia - 2
Indiana - 4
UConn - 16

Duke - 16
Saint Mary's - 4
Miami - 3
San Diego State - 5

Creighton - 10
Iowa State - 3
TCU - 7
Kentucky - 5

Missouri - 3
Texas A&M - 6
Northwestern - 2
Michigan State - 14

Maryland - 1
Iowa - 3
Arkansas - 5
Memphis - 14

W Virginia - 7
Auburn - 8
Illinois - 5
Fla Atlantic - 3

Utah State -11
Penn State - 9
Boise State - 2
USC - 2

Pitt - 6
Arizona State - 1 (me!)
NC State - 6
Providence -11

Charleston - 9
Drake - 9 
VCU - 2
Oral Roberts - 5

Furman - 9
Kent State - 9
Iona - 5
Louisiana - 1

UCSB - 9 
Kennesaw St - 6
Grand Canyon - 2
Montana St - 6

Princeton - 5
Colgate - 2
UNC Asheville - 3
Vermont - 13

Howard - 8
TAMU Corpus - 3
Fair Dick (lol) - 4
N Kentucky - 8

• Hook 'Em 2

Here is the link to the Google Sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18-Fd5PDN1thHmDPWnRpbbNUH3iWxrJtzzw9x6VvZRNU/edit?usp=sharing

First sheet is the leaderboard, which I will continue to "sort A to Z" the second column to refresh the standings.

Second sheet is everyone's picks.

Third sheet is every team with currently updated scoring.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Here is the link to the Google Sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18-Fd5PDN1thHmDPWnRpbbNUH3iWxrJtzzw9x6VvZRNU/edit?usp=sharing

First sheet is the leaderboard, which I will continue to "sort A to Z" the second column to refresh the standings.

Second sheet is everyone's picks.

Third sheet is every team with currently updated scoring.

Just a heads up that Furman is a 13, not a 14.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been paid out, with 50% going to Surly posters (Driskill through Derka) and 50% going to people I know (a lifelong friend and my brother).  

254 was the winning score.  Best possible score was 390, so lots of missed opportunities for everyone. See ya next year!