2023 Transfer Portal

PittsburghTiger

Just now, Js1 said:

It was posted in the other thread. Gerry said we were engaging hard and like an hour later he commits to USC

Yeah I guess that’s what I meant. We were told he was a top target, he didn’t pick us, we move on. Not sure what there is to talk about other than the 995ers we’re wrong again?

My guess on Rodman was the Bronny affect

• Hook 'Em 2

Lulz at the quotes from Dickinson in this article

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37594546/hunter-dickinson-nil-played-role-transfer-kansas

"The people hating on me would leave their job right now for a $10,000 increase," Dickinson said. "I got, at Michigan, less than six figures. I got less than six figures at Michigan for the year."

"I still do love Michigan," he said. "I still love the school and everything. I love the program. That's why it was so hard to leave because I really didn't want to leave, I didn't. But I just felt like, man, it was the best decision for me. It took a lot of courage. I don't think people realize how much courage it took for a guy who was there for three years, an All-American for the team. I did have a legacy there and I basically gave that up to try to be selfish and do what's best for me and my career, not what's best for anybody else's career."

They may have to reboot the  "Profiles in Courage" franchise to adequately document his sacrifices this season. 

• Haha 2

Maybe I am the only one who wasn't super thrilled with the prospect of adding Rodman to the roster.  He seemed to be a solid player, but not GREAT.  And I don't think his dad is someone I would want to be closely associated with our program (even though I loved him as a player). 

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz at the quotes from Dickinson in this article

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37594546/hunter-dickinson-nil-played-role-transfer-kansas

They may have to reboot the  "Profiles in Courage" franchise to adequately document his sacrifices this season. 

He’s such a fucking tool. Like the biggest ego

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Maybe I am the only one who wasn't super thrilled with the prospect of adding Rodman to the roster.  He seemed to be a solid player, but not GREAT.  And I don't think his dad is someone I would want to be closely associated with our program (even though I loved him as a player). 

Is mom Carmen Electra?

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, HookEm said:

You may be right, but dad could have helped us start a pipeline to N Korea.

Back to back years Michigan has lost a top transfer player because they basically want them to start all over and not allow any transfer credits in. 

Terrence Shannon, Caleb Love, can't wait to see who they lose next year. 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe losing Love is a good thing? 

If they didn't lose Kobe, Jett and dickenson I could potentially see that, but Michigan has legit no scoring for next year. Love at least would have been a high usage guy on a team without any.

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

If they didn't lose Kobe, Jett and dickenson I could potentially see that, but Michigan has legit no scoring for next year. Love at least would have been a high usage guy on a team without any.

People severely underrate scorers at the college level even if they are inefficient. 

The same shit was said about Marcus Carr when he transferred. "He's an inefficient, low IQ player, that doesn't play any defense." Guys that can score at this level are not common. Which is why Love is ranked so high in the portal rankings and which is why he will have a long list of suitors from good programs. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People severely underrate scorers at the college level even if they are inefficient. 

The same shit was said about Marcus Carr when he transferred. "He's an inefficient, low IQ player, that doesn't play any defense." Guys that can score at this level are not common. Which is why Love is ranked so high in the portal rankings and which is why he will have a long list of suitors from good programs. 

yeah I would have taken love's 18PPG on 25 shots over whatever Michigan is going to have to put out there now. A lot less experience and a lot less scoring. 

Michigan could have had a lineup of 

Kobe

Caleb Love

Terrence Shannon 

Jett

Hunter

This season and been a contender, instead they have none of them and will likely miss the tourney in back to back years. 

I don't see how Juwan makes it past this year, he got to coach both of his sons at his Alma Mater. Jace will graduate and Juwan will get a polite exit. 

Edited by Juicy

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe losing Love is a good thing? 

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Sometimes you have to let Love go and if they come back then its meant to be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If Morris got a lot of money to go there and he really needed that money, then the Kansas move is probably ok. However, he may not play many minutes and could find himself entering the draft without enough film, dropping his draft position by well more than what he’s getting paid. 

On 6/7/2023 at 7:42 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m sure he will be the main ball handler at uconn. Or that’s what the 9.95ers made up as to why he won’t be at Texas.  

I mean I don't know why this would disprove the "main ball handler" part. Jordan Hawkins is gone and Andre Jackson decided to stay in the draft which was somewhat of a surprise. 

UCONN was an ideal landing spot for an elite guard that wanted to be the guy. 

19 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

2.2 3PA a game seems kinda light, but he looks to be a quality rotation player. Not a guy that demands the ball. Looks to be a slightly better defensive player than offense. He also wouldn't be getting 32 minutes here.

I like the size for a guard, and like you said, we're looking for a rotational player anyway. Would not be bad to have to come in off the bench and give Hunter a break.