North Dakota State Bison @ Texas Mid-Week Series

zlavydra

Tuesday: LBJ v. LHP Max Loven (11.74 ERA after a Bobcat bashing on Saturday)

Wednesday - TBA v. TBA (Whitehead?)

The Bison are 1-14 against pretty decent competition, putting up reasonable hitting numbers, but struggling on the mound (7.80 team ERA). The pitching stats are strikingly similar to Manhattan's.

Perhaps...I'd argue that LBJ needs to stop throwing it in the dirt in front of the bag.

No perhaps about it. Catchers job is to stop them all. 0-2 ball gets buried at times. Pitch wasn’t in front of plate (not bag) either. Bounced right in front of glove pocket and catcher moved too far right.

2 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

No perhaps about it. Catchers job is to stop them all. 0-2 ball gets buried at times. Pitch wasn’t in front of plate (not bag) either. Bounced right in front of glove pocket and catcher moved too far right.

Perhaps, but I would argue that the pitcher's job is to throw strikes, and get batters out.  LBJ now has three WPs in the top of second.

Perhaps, but I would argue that the pitcher's job is to throw strikes, and get batters out.  LBJ now has three WPs in the top of second.

You don’t throw a strike 0-2….you throw something they can’t hit hoping for a swing and miss.

There is no doubt lbj is sucking it up but he still has to knock those balls down .

1 minute ago, HuntinHorn said:

You don’t throw a strike 0-2…. Basic baseball.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean he has to bounce it in there.  They're not playing cricket.  It's just frustrating watching LBJ pitch, because his fast ball looks untouchable, but everything else seems to be an adventure.