North Dakota State Bison @ Texas Mid-Week Series

zlavydra

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I know, but he did have options to move on with his life. Whatever that looks like.

Yep. I'm glad he came back. Just saying it probably didn't require/wouldn't have required a huge amount of money. 

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

What?   He’s consistently been one of our best three position players.  Good speed, hits for average, good arm.   

Okay? 

It’ll be interesting to see how well the ball carries once it heats up.

Yeah, the competition pitching isn’t great, but we’ve had quite a few well hit outs over the past week.

We’ve been selective and seen lots of pitches. If it comes together, we could have a quality offensive team.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It’ll be interesting to see how well the ball carries once it heats up.

Yeah, the competition pitching isn’t great, but we’ve had quite a few well hit outs over the past week.

We’ve been selective and seen lot of pitches. If it comes together, we could have a quality offensive team.

I'm guessing Campbell starts to come together once the weather heats up here. Daly will probably benefit from it. Same with O'Dowd. 

• Like 1

Caught game 1 by listening to it on the phone on the way down to So Tex.  Watched game 2 last night on the satellite.  Enjoyed the heck out of both games, some mistakes but the both squads played well.  Glad our guys came out on top both times.  Off to the next victims.

6 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Caught game 1 by listening to it on the phone on the way down to So Tex.  Watched game 2 last night on the satellite.  Enjoyed the heck out of both games, some mistakes but the both squads played well.  Glad our guys came out on top both times.  Off to the next victims.

For being 1-15 or whatever their record is, I was impressed with their approach at the plate and how crisp they were defensively. They made some great plays in the infield. There were a few dudes on their team I would love to have on our roster. If they keep their heads up, they can probably do some damage in whatever shitty conference they’re in 

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

For being 1-15 or whatever their record is, I was impressed with their approach at the plate and how crisp they were defensively. They made some great plays in the infield. There were a few dudes on their team I would love to have on our roster. If they keep their heads up, they can probably do some damage in whatever shitty conference they’re in 

Radio broadcast said their coach thinks they are the best 1 and whatever team he's coached.  Which could be true either way I guess.  Gotta keep slogging and they appear to be doing it.

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

They have some decent ballplayers, certainly a better talent level than Manhattan.

• Hook 'Em 1

Radio broadcast said their coach thinks they are the best 1 and whatever team he's coached.  Which could be true either way I guess.  Gotta keep slogging and they appear to be doing it.

Well I can’t imagine he’s coached too many 1 win teams or that he’d coach long if he can’t do better. I understand the comment, but it’s a little odd when taken literally.

That’s a little different than we’re better than a 1 win team.
  • Hook 'Em 1