First Four Tru TV Night One:

Underdog

22 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If the NCAA is going to do this stupid shit, at least make it the lowest seeded teams. How the hell is an 11 seed playing while the 5 teams below them are already in?ded81bd673988fa1b441c9197a280e0c.gif

This. 

I think it's a fucking travesty that two teams from pissant conferences are going to be sent home after "making the tournament" on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

If we have to have play-in games for whatever reason, then we should at least restrict them to P5 teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This. 

I think it's a fucking travesty that two teams from pissant conferences are going to be sent home after "making the tournament" on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

If we have to have play-in games for whatever reason, then we should at least restrict them to P5 teams. 

Yep. AQs should not be in the play-in game. They already earned their way in, fully 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

I think our, Pitt, starting center is a game-time decision. That could be a big deal because after that we have freshman twins inside but, they are still so raw and undersized. Obviously this is the first game since getting hammered by Duke in the ACC. It will be interesting to see how we respond.

I don’t think pitt has made the tourney since Sam young, Gary mcghee and Dejuan Blair

25 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don’t think pitt has made the tourney since Sam young, Gary mcghee and Dejuan Blair

It was 2016 with a team that finished 21-12. That was Jamie’s last year when we lost in the first round to Wisconsin. That team had Jamel Artis, Michael Young, Cam Johnson, Ryan Luther, Sheldon Jeter and James Robinson, among others.

Cam eventually transferred to UNC after Jamie’s replacement, Kevin Stallings, told him, the next season, not to shoot and pass to the upper class kids. Stupid move by Stallings there. Luther finished his career at Arizona.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

If the NCAA is going to do this stupid shit, at least make it the lowest seeded teams. How the hell is an 11 seed playing while the 5 teams below them are already in?ded81bd673988fa1b441c9197a280e0c.gif

This.

50 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This. 

No. What makes no sense is a play-in for an 11 seed while 12, 13, etc seeds are sitting at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This.

No. What makes no sense is a play-in for an 11 seed while 12, 13, etc seeds are sitting at home.

Fuck that. If you are an automatic qualifier, you have earned the right to play thu/fri. The play in games should be all at large teams. If you're hung up on seed numbers, make all play-in teams 16 seeds. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Fuck that. If you are an automatic qualifier, you have earned the right to play thu/fri. The play in games should be all at large teams. If you're hung up on seed numbers, make all play-in teams 16 seeds. 

Let me add that I think a lot of these single bid, rinky-dink JUCO level conferences should be glad they get to send someone to Toledo.

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Let me add that I think a lot of these single bid, rinky-dink JUCO level conferences should be glad they get to send someone to Toledo.

That sounds like something a dirty communist would say. Because all red-blooded americans know the play in games are held in Dayton.

Nice try comrade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Watching the Diaz Graham bros is like watching baby giraffes play basketball. 

A pretty good description. They are going to be good but, they need a good 20-25 pounds of muscle. One is listed at 195 and the other at 205. There is just no way you can play inside against full-sized men. 

refs seem to be doing a good job.  and both teams playing at a very high level.  We can hope for for a ref performance this good later on. 

Agree. I have noticed that when two guys are running for a loose ball, they let the contact go. I hate it when no one has possession and they just decide who a foul should be called on when players are both hustling.