PJ Tucker deserve a 30 for 30

shadow_operative

from a text thread with some buddies:

CA589938-224A-4AF9-ACCD-27A51C393224.thumb.jpeg.99c71b91bb0af50d7f1593ccd7bfe19f.jpeg

also, i remember someone suggesting we retire LA's jersey. LA and PJ both played on the EE team and left Texas the same year. we should retire byou if their numbers on the same night, preferably some huge conference game late in the season/during the all star break if pj is still playing. i know that a lot of people don't think they deserve to have their jerseys retired, but have you considered that you're wrong and stupid? it would be an awesome way to honor two of our best and most important players, it would be great for exposure (we should host some recruits that night) and program prestige, and it would add some character to the moody center. what's not to love? PJ and LA 4ever. i am derka derka and i approve this message. eat at baris. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Had a spanish class in the six pack where he and LA had a class next door at the same time. So there would be about a dozen people waiting there before the doors opened. One day, this dude starts talking about sports betting during football season and asks PJ Tucker if he ever bet on the games. He explained that it was way against the rules, even if wasn't basketball.

That's my PJ Tucker csb.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That's my PJ Tucker csb.

Summer after his senior year, I'm at an afterhours party down south - like the Escarpment area.  Not a college afterhours party - everyone is like 30ish, young professional types.  Pretty packed, good vibes, etc.  Bump into someone in the dining area, turn around and see a backpack at about eye level, look up and there's a large black man attached to it.  Some of y'all may recall PJ started wearing a small backpack as a fashion accessory downtown around that time.  Exchanged pleasantries and went about my night, but definitely thinking wtf is PJ Tucker doing here?  Somehow as the night progressed, PJ ended up being the bartender in the kitchen and seemed to be having the time of his life at this party w/ a bunch of folks he didn't know and would never see again.  

/csb

• Hook 'Em 2

He doesn’t deserve a 30 for 30, or a jersey retirement. But . . .

I was actually watching him play last night. I’m eating dinner with my kids in Santa Monica, and the Sixers/Cavs game is on. My son asks me, “Who are you rooting for?” I say, “When I don’t really care for either team, I root for the Longhorn, so I’m pulling for PJ Tucker.” And then my son asks me about him, and I explain, “PJ wasn’t the most talented player to ever suit up for the Longhorns, but if I ever needed a Longhorn with me in an alley fight, I’m probably picking PJ.”

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He doesn’t deserve a 30 for 30, or a jersey retirement. But . . .

I was actually watching him play last night. I’m eating dinner with my kids in Santa Monica, and the Sixers/Cavs game is on. My son asks me, “Who are you rooting for?” I say, “When I don’t really care for either team, I root for the Longhorn, so I’m pulling for PJ Tucker.” And then my son asks me about him, and I explain, “PJ wasn’t the most talented player to ever suit up for the Longhorns, but if I ever needed a Longhorn with me in an alley fight, I’m probably picking PJ.”

I’ll bring Gabe Muoneke….

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

my csb/

I worked the doors at the dorms for a summer.  I'm stationed at Jester East around 1am and PJ and a girl walk in.

Me: You have your card?

PJ: Yeah...shit...no.  

Me: C'mon man, I need your card.

PJ: Hang on, maybe I have it.

Girl he's with: PJ..why you gotta be so baaaaaad???

Me: Fucking hell, just go in.

We still say "PJ why you gotta be so baaaaad?" in my friend group to this day.

• Haha 2