2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You can literally never go wrong picking UCONN to make the final four. Look at their history, look at their metrics this year. I have them winning it all. Not too late to adjust your brackets.

First round L guaranteed 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You can literally never go wrong picking UCONN to make the final four. Look at their history, look at their metrics this year. I have them winning it all. Not too late to adjust your brackets.

This the women's bracket thread?

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Christ, the Helobious kiss of death. 

You think being wrong 98.42% of the time he’d stop making claims with conviction

I saw on some sports page tiktok that every national champion in the past 20 years has been in a top certain kenpom threshold for offense & defense, forget what it was. They said the only 3 teams that met that criteria this season were Alabama, Houston, and UConn. Add in their consistent history of success and I think you’d be foolish to not have them be your champion. But sure go ahead and right me off.

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I saw on some sports page tiktok that every national champion in the past 20 years has been in a top certain kenpom threshold for offense & defense, forget what it was. They said the only 3 teams that met that criteria this season were Alabama, Houston, and UConn. Add in their consistent history of success and I think you’d be foolish to not have them be your champion. But sure go ahead and right me off.

3 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I'll even write you off to be safe.

I was about to write something about that but, I see that you had the right idea, before I.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I think you just love the whole Northeast.  You jerked off to the Jersey Shore girls, didn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Gonna try not to be such a dipshit on here moving forward. Too many good people here.

4 months sober and it's been rough, this has been my outlet. No excuses though.

Gotta be better.

I'll hit 10 years next month.

Stay the course.  It gets better and better.

Back to the hoops...

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m no fan of Huggins. I think he has been great for his school. But, those on the court interviews show just how pointless they are. His answers were good. He didn’t want to do the stupid interview. No coach should be made to do them.

"...maybe we shouldn't foul as much..."

I only see good basketball interviews when the interviewer has a good relationship with the coach, and the coach wants to be cool with their friend.  Think how Craig Sagar could get funny answers from Pops.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And Furman giving UVA a game early.  It cannot just be because they lost Vander Plas.  

Is Bennett just a tourney underachiever outside of 2019? 

My take, and we had a bit of it at Pitt under Jamie Dixon, is that UVa’s style of slow, deliberate play does not leave you much of a margin for error once you hit the NCAA Tournament. Other teams come in all jazzed up to be there. You’re playing teams you’ve never played, against a lot of guys who can really play. I think Bennett is terrific but, at times he’s got to let the guys loose. Against Duke in the ACC title game, when UVa was down 10, it seemed like they were down 20.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I went and adjusted for them to lose their first game based on this post.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic