Lost round 2 as a 1

Elite 8

Lost round 2

Not great

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Virginia had a timeout, too. Wow. 

That’s fireable 

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm just saying that if we won a NC, I would tolerate a decade of mixed results after that.

Pretty much. This is how I operate with any team I root for. I am a DFW plus Longhorns fan so yeah, a ton of bullshit constantly. Give me one championship for each and I will be good the rest of my days at this point. 

I'd take Virginia's "failures" compared to what we have went through. Not a S16 appearance since 2008. 

6 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Virginia busting a ton of brackets.

Meh. I checked my pool that has ~200 people in it. Not a single pick for UVA in the final 4. I'm sure a few people had them in the Elite 8, but hardly a bracket buster. I think people are wising up to Bennet's propensity to shit the bed early. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Without 2019 he’s universally considered the worst tournament coach ever. 

So, without the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Not saying he's the greatest coach. Just saying that's a helluva skin on the wall.

4 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

can i introduce you to texas football? it's sitting over there, languishing

Big difference is that we have multiple football NCs. I want the first men's bball NC. That would give us Championships in all of the Big 3 men's sports and 5 of the 6 Big 6 men's and women's combined. Pretty rarified air.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

How do you fluke yourself to 6 wins?

What does Shaka Smart's tourney resume look like minus 2011?

Also the last 4 UVA wins that tourney were by 4 over a 12, in OT over a 3, by 1 over a 5, and in OT over a 3. Easily could have lost any of those games. 

Edited by TXSooner518

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, without the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Not saying he's the greatest coach. Just saying that's a helluva skin on the wall.

Big difference is that we have multiple football NCs. I want the first men's bball NC. That would give us Championships in all of the Big 3 men's sports and 5 of the 6 Big 6 men's and women's combined. Pretty rarified air.

I was just responding to a what if post brother. That’s the power of a national title. If Barnes finished the job with Ford he’d have zero critics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

What does Shaka Smart's tourney resume look like minus 2011?

Also the last 4 UVA wins that tourney were by 4 over a 12, in OT over a 3, by 1 over a 5, and in OT over a 3. Easily could have lost any of those games. 

Good good point. EXCELLENT POINT

A national title does not cure all. It was sandwiched around some embarrassing flameouts. Cal’s 2012 title hasn’t save him from a lot of very fair criticism 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Corpus is a dead man walking here.

fuck Bama though. Be hilarious if they got beat and booted out early. Fuck them for Jamea Harris and her family. I’d lmao if they got beat. They likely won’t get beat today but it would be karma and justified if their asses got sent home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Good good point. EXCELLENT POINT

A national title does not cure all. It was sandwiched around some embarrassing flameouts. Cal’s 2012 title hasn’t save him from a lot of very fair criticism 

Bennett at Virginia and Calipari at Kentucky are two completely different animals. 

Bennett catches plenty of flack for his tournament performance, but his job is in no jeopardy whatsoever. Calipari better produce some big time results at some point, or that lifetime contract is going to have a short shelf life on it. 

And if anyone wants to consider what that title did for Mack Brown, just think how everyone would think of him and his career - including us - if he hadn't won it. It helps to ease a lot of frustrations and shortcomings throughout his tenure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Bennett at Virginia and Calipari at Kentucky are two completely different animals. 

Bennett catches plenty of flack for his tournament performance, but his job is in no jeopardy whatsoever. Calipari better produce some big time results at some point, or that lifetime contract is going to have a short shelf life on it. 

I never once said Bennett's job was in jeopardy.  You read a lot of things people don't say. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Damn I got stuck in a meeting how the F did Furman pull that off?

A good FT shooter went 1/2 at the line, and then got trapped on an inbounds play and stupidly threw it away to midcourt, where a Furman player intercepted it and they hit the 3.  A lot of unclutchness by UVA had to happen

• Pancho unpinned this topic