2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I never once said Bennett's job was in jeopardy.  You read a lot of things people don't say. 

You compared the two. I said they're not a good comparison. You get easily irritated at times, and I happen to be one of the people who easily irritates you. I guess at some point it might matter to me, but I doubt it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm so happy that didn't happen to my team...yet. 

Basically everyone dies in this competition. The only thing you can hope for is that your team goes down swinging and takes other teams with them first. However Texas gets got won’t be fun to deal with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Basically everyone dies in this competition. The only thing you can hope for is that your team goes down swinging and takes other teams with them first. However Texas gets got won’t be fun to deal with. 

There are some that are easier to stomach than others.

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The tournament format hits me so badly from a fan perspective. March Madness is so fun, but while my team is involved it's full of the colors of the rainbow. Everything is sparkly and shiny. Then when my team loses it's still a great event, but washed in a lot of grays. 

This team has been so fun to watch this year in different ways. It's going to hit me harder than most of them. Maybe it doesn't have to happen this year? I do know how fulfilling that volleyball championship was in December. Men's basketball would be that times a thousand, and I love our volleyball team. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Rewatching that UVa turnover, what an incredibly stupid play. He had #11 with no one within 15 feet of him near the 3 point line but he decides to try a hail mary pass to half court. Between that and missing the FT that was the difference in the game....suicide watch.

e: Just noticed that the Furman guy that sank both FTs right before that was a 50% FT shooter on the season. 

Edited by Brian Fantana

13 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Rewatching that UVa turnover, what an incredibly stupid play. He had #11 with no one within 15 feet of him near the 3 point line but he decides to try a hail mary pass to half court. Between that and missing the FT that was the difference in the game....suicide watch.

5th year senior just yeeting the ball is all time dumbass

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

The tournament format hits me so badly from a fan perspective. March Madness is so fun, but while my team is involved it's full of the colors of the rainbow. Everything is sparkly and shiny. Then when my team loses it's still a great event, but washed in a lot of grays. 

This team has been so fun to watch this year in different ways. It's going to hit me harder than most of them. Maybe it doesn't have to happen this year? I do know how fulfilling that volleyball championship was in December. Men's basketball would be that times a thousand, and I love our volleyball team. 

Well said. The only hear in my 44 years on earth it didn’t so that to me was the final 4 run. This year I think even a loss in the final 4 would leave me pretty crushed. 
maybe this is the year we catch our tail. 
20-1 odds for us to win it all that we got at our sports book (22-1 actually) seems pretty disrespectful. This is a really good team built to win in the tournament. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well said. The only hear in my 44 years on earth it didn’t so that to me was the final 4 run. This year I think even a loss in the final 4 would leave me pretty crushed. 
maybe this is the year we catch our tail. 
20-1 odds for us to win it all that we got at our sports book (22-1 actually) seems pretty disrespectful. This is a really good team built to win in the tournament. 

except we havent done anything in 80+ years in the tournament.   1 moden day final 4, 2 ancient history final 4.   and we got knocked out in the semis each time.

can we... sure

but the question is will we. 

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

Thought i saw that Pancho had one started but was locked until game time. Maybe I'm thinking of a different thread. Who the fuck knows

That was this one.  Derka did all our big 12 tourney games

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic