2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

Not sure what to make of Penn St since aggie is playing like a third place rec team.

They’re capable of going ice cold. Their last loss they blew a 19 point lead to Rutgers where they scored 3 points in the last 10 minutes off the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

3EA815D4-E438-4E4C-A86E-E584B4E82E49.thumb.jpeg.3f0641331eb8bf617835f84e62fa562a.jpeg

penn state started 11-2, then went 3-8, and are now on the verge of being 9-2 since then, with one of the losses being when they took purdue to the wire in their previous game. this is very in form team we're about to play. full of confidence too. 

To me that looks like they went 9-2 in coinflip games. They all 1 possession or 2 it looks like there. Weird. 

Penn State might be the second hottest team in the country right now, after Duke. I live in PSU territory (ick) so have to watch and hear a lot about them. They’re a tough team - and on a serious roll.

But they can just go ice cold and if so, they’re very beatable.

Edited by The Ace of Aces

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Honestly, I’d rather see him revive Georgetown.

Yea but I went to Penn state so I’d rather see him turn PSU into a legitimate basketball program.

I’m hoping that Providence loses tomorrow and Georgetown can pull him in before PSU is out of the tournament. 

Edited by heso

6 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Not sure what to make of Penn St since aggie is playing like a third place rec team.

They have a guy with a quick release half court 3 point shot and a guy who can score or pass for the assist, they can’t rebound but they don’t turn it over. They are one of the best runs in college basketball coming into the tournament. We’re going to have to grind on defense, not get in a 3 point shoot out, take care of the ball and rebound like a machine to win, it’s going to be a game. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, troph said:

This plus the assist machine magic Johnson style back to the basket guy along with their win streak and I’ll be honest i’m a bit worried. 

He's more of a poor man's Andre Miller type.  Miller had more range.  Magic was 6-9 and an anomaly. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic