2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

This is going to make their football delusion that much sweeter next year.  Going to be glorious.  They thought they were going to win in basketball for a Texas show down.  And like clockwork, they shat the bed.

Edited by Mdhorn

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You're overreacting to what they did to aggy. 

Penn State is built to beat aggy. This was a fairly obvious result if you looked at what Penn State does well and what A&M doesn't do well. 

I get it, kinda, and you’re much more of an expert than I am, but I also know we can be prone to turning the ball over …and they are not. 

this isn’t going to be easy 

44 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Penn st looking good/hot at the right time

I think this is about to be the “chaos” region.
UH with injury issues. 1 and 2 may not make the sweet sixteen 

And I got the 12 and 13 winning in this region tomorrow

South already laid a pretty strong claim to the "chaos" region.

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Penn State is built to beat aggy. This was a fairly obvious result if you looked at what Penn State does well and what A&M doesn't do well. 

No doubt Texas causes problems for State, but this is a hot team with 3 players that can flat out ball. Texas should win but can easily lose. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I get it, kinda, and you’re much more of an expert than I am, but I also know we can be prone to turning the ball over …and they are not. 

Oh, I don't think it's going to be easy but I'm just saying Penn State got a perfect draw in the 1st round.

They're a 3 point shooting team and got arguably the weakest 3 point defensive team in the tournament. 

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Aggy was 10 from the bottom in defending the 3 point shot - like #353.  Pedo is good at shooting the three.  Shocking that Pedo was 13-22 behind the arc.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

We turned it over much more than usual tonight.  Hopefully we clean that up.

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Idk I think we just held the best 3 point shooting team to 3 shots so I’m feeling aight. But yes this will be a tough 10 to play. 

That's the good thing about playing Colgate in the first round. 

They're very similar to Penn State. They win games by hitting 3s, they're suspect on the defensive end, and struggle on the defensive boards. Penn State is just a better version of Colgate. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

Aggy was 10 from the bottom in defending the 3 point shot - like #353.  Pedo is good at shooting the three.  Shocking that Pedo was 13-22 behind the arc.

Yeah anyone who picked aggy to win this game just wanted the matchup with Texas in R32. Aggy wasn’t going to win this game 😂😂

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah anyone who picked aggy to win this game just wanted the matchup with Texas in R32. Aggy wasn’t going to win this game 😂😂

Like an hour before the game started my aggy "friend" was telling me how they were going to win this handily and they should've been a 3 seed. Now he's saying Penn State was a bad match up for them and they're going to light us up Saturday cause if they couldn't slow them down, no way we can. There's a list of other crazy shit he said but I'll spare y'all 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Well I'm disappointed, was looking forward to a Horns/Aggies matchup. 

So was aggy, but they forgot the most important rule in March Madness - you gotta win the game you’re in to get to the next one.  

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Buzz Williams has made it out of the first round only 1 time in the last 10 seasons. 

He's their version of Shaka. The funny thing is this year likely bought him several more years.  

Well, they do have a history with extending shit coaches based on flash in the pan seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Along with Sasser re-injuring his groin, Shead hyperextended his knee last night. Sounds like he is playing tomorrow but this isn't trending well for Houston.

Could be for Texas, though. 

It would honestly be about time we got some March breaks. Right??

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic