2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

My greatest fear is that this loss to Penn St. will trigger A&M into becoming the monster bball program they are capable of being. All of the elements are now in place. While we may celebrate them losing this game, but this may turn out to be a dawning of the dark ages for our program as A&M dominates the state of Texas and makes permanent reservations for the Final Four for years to come.

You sound afeared of the sleeping giant, Sip!

6 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

My greatest fear is that this loss to Penn St. will trigger A&M into becoming the monster bball program they are capable of being. All of the elements are now in place. While we may celebrate them losing this game, but this may turn out to be a dawning of the dark ages for our program as A&M dominates the state of Texas and makes permanent reservations for the Final Four for years to come.

Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That’s a bit of a stretch. Now…if they help a visiting fan by giving them a chicken wing and a beer, and directions to the arena, then watch out.

14 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

So, what you're saying is that aggy might be on the precipice...or is that prepuce?

Y’all wetting the bed and getting fear boners  about PSU are nuts. It’s March so anything can happen. But they are terrible and we should win convincingly. Their last 10 games is them winning a bunch of 1 possession games against shitty to mediocre big 10 teams and beating an aggy team that was their wet dream matchup. We are a 2 seed and really fucking good. They are a 10 seed and ok. We’ve played 20 games against teams better than them this year. Pull it together and chill out. They aren’t designed in a lab to beat us or anything. They are mediocre athletes that aren’t going to be able to exploit our 1 or 2 exploitable areas- lack of true size and lack of high level athleticism. This is a really good matchup for us in a round of 32 game. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah anyone who picked aggy to win this game just wanted the matchup with Texas in R32. Aggy wasn’t going to win this game 😂😂

Nope. I tried to tell this board but most were in love with playing aggy, which makes me wonder if some Longhorns really believe aggy is the main rival?

• Hook 'Em 2

I had gotten clean, y'all.  I really had.  I did the 12-step program to get rid of my addiction to aggie tears.

But then I went and visited the TexAgs Basketball forum this morning.  Guys, that shit was pure, man.  I haven't seen Aggy tears that pure in a long time.  It was the good stuff, man.  The really good stuff.

I fell off the wagon.  I snorted it up like Pacino at the end of the Scarface.

They blame this loss on the NCAA seeding them #7.  It's all the NCAA's fault.  It's a conspiracy against them. - I'm telling you, this stuff was better than what Denzel was peddling in American Gangster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Hard to know what is funnier, Buzz Williams doing a Hook 'em or USA Today identifying him as Micah Shrewsbury.

image.thumb.png.8e311d48dc7e01330ef74164bf32fa28.png

My bathroom sources tell me the Aggy BOR has called an emergency session to discuss if the coach can be fired for cause for that hand sign.

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Of course aggy isn't our main rival.  They aren't significant enough to be our main rival.

But the fact that they think they are and demand to be treated as if they are makes it delicious when they faceplant again, and again, and again...

Texas consistently wins NC in various sports almost every year while aggy doesn’t ever win shit in anything while demanding everyone’s respect.  Fucking clowns.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.16e03a7664fd418e3c44f1b9aeb255b9.png
Poor aggy. They were the ones who were foaming at the mouth to get that matchup. When will they learn, Texas doesn't give a shit about playing aggy. Sure, we have a long thread making fun of them but our identity doesn't revolve around them. I was hoping they would lose so I don't have to hear their fans anymore this tournament and how they should have been a higher seed. No, they were seeded exactly where they should have been. They overachieved and came back down to earth their last 2 losses to end the year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not really. Penn St deserved their 7 seed, obviously 

And it's not fair, because aggy shoulda been a 5-seed and gotten to play a 12-seed.  But the Committee underseeded aggy as punishment and made them play the hottest 10-seed in tournament history (5 wins out of their last 6, which had never been done before), and then they made sure that aggy couldn't hit any shots with well-timed adjustments to the air conditioning vents.  It's all a buncha bullshit to keep aggy from realizing their potential, which is basically the 1990's Chicago Bulls.

Edited by TexArcher

27 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Texas consistently wins NC in various sports almost every year while aggy doesn’t ever win shit in anything while demanding everyone’s respect.  Fucking clowns.

aggy meat judging would like a word with Horn80. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Wait 'til next year!

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And it's not fair, because aggy shoulda been a 5-seed and gotten to play a 12-seed.  But the Committee underseeded aggy as punishment and made them play the hottest 10-seed in tournament history (5 wins out of their last 6, which had never been done before), and then they made sure that aggy couldn't hit any shots with well-timed adjustments to the air conditioning vents.  It's all a buncha bullshit to keep aggy from realizing their potential, which is basically the 1990's Chicago Bulls.

Damn, it's like I was really there at TexAgs reading that.

You speak aggy without even a hint of an accent.  You must live amongst them.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And it's not fair, because aggy shoulda been a 5-seed and gotten to play a 12-seed.  But the Committee underseeded aggy as punishment and made them play the hottest 10-seed in tournament history (5 wins out of their last 6, which had never been done before)

I 'member Texas being underseeded last year as a 6, having to play a peaking 11 seed Virginia Tech team that won 13 of their last 15 and won the ACC tournament.

Texas showed up and won. 

too late cbc GIF by Kim's Convenience

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

So we getting chalk today, except for one, or some upsets on par with yesterday? 

Idk, think we could see some upsets.  Both 3/14s look interesting today. Shaka could Shaka (oh please God, I would die), Drake is a sexy upset pick and somehow Memphis is actually favored over FAU, and that 8/9 could go either way.  Providence/UK, NC State/Creighton, Pitt/ISU, ASU/TCU

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pancho unpinned this topic