2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

Would love to an Iona run in this tournament..

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I could see the following upsets happening:

1. Pitt over ISU

2. NC State over Creighton

3. Providence over Kentucky

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Idk, think we could see some upsets.  Both 3/14s look interesting today. Shaka could Shaka (oh please God, I would die), Drake is a sexy upset pick and somehow Memphis is actually favored over FAU, and that 8/9 could go either way.  Providence/UK, NC State/Creighton, Pitt/ISU, ASU/TCU

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

Fuck you both with a red hot poker. 

• Haha 2

I forewent the last of the game to watch live the aggy newscast.   They talked about how aggy started strong for like 2 minutes, then "but in the end they were overpowered."  That's it, nothing more.  Immediate switch to Arkansas and other Alabama winning.  "We lost but SEC! SEC! SEC!"  Same as it is in everything else.

1 hour ago, speed817 said:

I hate them more than any entity in the world. In the 1980s I would have rooted for the Soviet Union against them but, they finished the season very well. They beat some teams that, at first glance, they should not have. They are very well coached and as we saw yesterday they can shoot the ball really well.

As for A&M, that was an epically horrendous and embarrassing performance, for coaches & players. There was not one adjustment. They seemed to run one set, “run down the floor and shoot a bad 3”, and never tried anything different.

It was just shit.

They should all be ashamed but, alas, they don’t have any shame.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I could see the following upsets happening:

1. Pitt over ISU

2. NC State over Creighton

3. Providence over Kentucky

Of course I would love for that to happen. We didn’t finish the final week of the season on a high. We lost to a shit ND team and then missed a buzzer beater that would have given us first-place in the ACC and the #1 see in Greensboro. Then, we beat a crap Ga. Tech team in ACC before getting destroyed by Duke.

We need our starting center to play today. We are not good inside and have been getting torched rebounding. We are a catch & shoot team. If the 3s fall, we have a chance. We shall see but, as a Pitt Man I am conditioned to expect the worst.

As for NC St. I think they are really banged up. Earlier in the season I would have said yes to that. Now I think it might be a tall order.

Xavier v Kennesaw State is damn fun. Same for USC v Michigan St. first round is so damn good! I don’t know what decision we will make at HC (I don’t see a reason/need to move off RT right now—) but if UT does I do like Sean Miller as I said in the HC change thread. Two really good games on. I feel spoiled after yesterday. I see why people take off work to watch this! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Xavier v Kennesaw State is damn fun. Same for USC v Michigan St. first round is so damn good! I don’t know what decision we will make at HC (I don’t see a reason/need to move off RT right now—) but if UT does I do like Sean Miller as I said in the HC change thread. Two really good games on. I feel spoiled after yesterday. I see why people take off work to watch this! 

You getting giddy seems like a win/win/win/win situation, Nicole!  And I don't mean just spontaneously making sandwiches.  Lulz.

As far as criteria, I've heard it mentioned on 104.9FM that the real choice Bellmont will make is choosing a full Head Coach that can handle being in the SEC, RT or someone else.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

What's the perspiration index for one Sean Miller today? 

Lots of flop sweat! I love this round. Seeing teams like Princeton and KSU and Furman rolling. It’s so much fun. 

Kennesaw State coach is kinda a badass! 

Edited by Nicole44

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

it sounds like you DID take off work to watch this

• Haha 1

Stupid ass big least. Labels themselves as a bball conference because their conference tourney is at MSG. They’re nothing but a bunch of pud fcs schools if they even have a football team. Fuck those underachieving dicks

They deserve to be a one bid league or downgraded to d2 until they prove they can win a game or 2…and even then I don’t think they will

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Y’all wetting the bed and getting fear boners  about PSU are nuts. It’s March so anything can happen. But they are terrible and we should win convincingly. Their last 10 games is them winning a bunch of 1 possession games against shitty to mediocre big 10 teams and beating an aggy team that was their wet dream matchup. We are a 2 seed and really fucking good. They are a 10 seed and ok. We’ve played 20 games against teams better than them this year. Pull it together and chill out. They aren’t designed in a lab to beat us or anything. They are mediocre athletes that aren’t going to be able to exploit our 1 or 2 exploitable areas- lack of true size and lack of high level athleticism. This is a really good matchup for us in a round of 32 game. 

if we defend the 3 and our bigs stay out of foul trouble we should be good.  of course Brock, hitting Funkenstein with an achilles shiv pregame wouldn't hurt either.

• Haha 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic