2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

What the hell constitutes a foul in the tournament this year?  When it get's called, it's a complete surprise since so much contact doesn't get called.  I don't think I've seen a 3 second lane violation in a while.  Also, travel and over the back don't seem to be a thing either. 

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Remember we don’t judge coaches by conference tournaments.  What happens in the big dance is what counts

How many tournament wins RT has with this own players? He is winning with Beard's veteran players. Kudos to him. Let's not act like he is all of a sudden better than a coach who has won it all.

Hiring a coach based on one year's of success (aka flash in the pan) is how you get stuck with a bad coach. I would take coaches with long term success over a coach with one year success any day. Every game you win in the tourney in one season doesn't suddenly make you a better coach unless you have done it over a few years.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So Purdue apparently has a difficult time winning tournament games when it doesn't get 46 fucking foul shots to the opposing team's 12?

Go figure.

That dumb fucking Lurch had what, one shot in the last 10-12 minutes. Dude is a fucking dork with no real skills other than he's just bigger and taller. FDU had a plan to guard him and it worked. He can't adjust. He's very soft. I can';t remember how many FTs he shot against us last year. Fuck Purdue. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

How many tournament wins RT has with this own players? He is winning with Beard's veteran players. Kudos to him. Let's not act like he is all of a sudden better than a coach who has won it all and have made several deep runs. This is the very definition of recency bias. OU hired Porter Moser after he went to sweet 16 once. How did that work out? Hiring a coach based on one year's of success (aka flash in the pan) is how you get stuck with a bad coach. I would ake coaches with long term success over a coach with one year success any day. Every game you win in the tourney in one season doesn't suddenly make you a better coach unless you have done it over a few years.

Breathe buddy

• Pancho unpinned this topic