2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

Penny wanted to Juwan Howard somebody in that post game handshake line.  I think it was his own team he wanted to smack, so not exactly Juwan, but he ain't happy.

His ultra competitiveness can’t rub off these days. Penny won’t sleep for a week because he’s so pissed off. The players will forget in an hour.
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That was a good seal by the big man for FAU.

BUT

Memphis got screwed with the no call on the timeout. 

Yeah. I didn’t even think it was close in real time. They had one guy yelling and two guys signaling from the word go and the ref just waiting for someone to come half ass tie the ball up so they could extend the game and make it more interesting or not be a part of the game or he’s just blind and dumb. Terrible in real time imo. No idea how they could miss it. As bad as the foul by Purdue on the FDU rebound late that didn’t get called that ended up not mattering. 

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Is there a bigger primadonna bitchass bitch on tbe planet more so than Jamie Dixon?

We dodged a bullet getting Cronin instead of Dixon, IMO.  We were ready to step up for Dixon, but he wouldn’t eat his own buyout, so we pivoted to Cronin.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. I didn’t even think it was close in real time. They had one guy yelling and two guys signaling from the word go and the ref just waiting for someone to come half ass tie the ball up so they could extend the game and make it more interesting or not be a part of the game or he’s just blind and dumb. Terrible in real time imo. No idea how they could miss it. As bad as the foul by Purdue on the FDU rebound late that didn’t get called that ended up not mattering. 

Refs are taught (well I was) that in situations like that, ESPECIALLY considering time and score, you have to do quick glances at the bench or be aware of surroundings. Once you quickly know he has possession, you can look or listen for the timeout. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We dodged a bullet getting Cronin instead of Dixon, IMO.  We were ready to step up for Dixon, but he wouldn’t eat his own buyout, so we pivoted to Cronin.

Yeah, lucky y'all did not get "Skunkhead"

OIF.86xnLYLHKuV5JZOxucrF6g?pid=ImgDet&dp

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic