Texas vs Colgate- 1st round NCAA Tourney- 6:20 CST on TBS

shadow_operative

16 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

okay, so refs and a little bit almost lazy post D on our part are going to let Colgate back in this thing.. I expect a 9 point halftime lead. 

okay, I can possibly retire my Nostradamus hat at this point, at least for this game.   This is EXACTLY what happened.  As someone else pointed out, it was "ref generated momentum".  

I can only hope we didn't fall too much in love with the 3 point shots, and will be extremely excited to see Disu make some inside shots and even more excited for the first old-fashioned three point lead, because that will be the first ref call in the paint against Colgate in a long time. 

• Haha 1

That zone is wide open because they can’t sag off our shooters. Just need to dump the ball into our athletic big guys and keep cutting to the rim. Would be really helpful if we could get a couple of their big guys in foul trouble.

That offense worked so well against Kansas, not sure why they’ve gone away from it.

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

More Disu in the second half, and a much more aggressive Carr. Plus, hopefully the coach of the year can come up with a better defensive scheme than having our smallest guys defending their biggest guys under the bucket. 

I can't imagine why this hasn't been working for us. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

More Disu in the second half, and a much more aggressive Carr. Plus, hopefully the coach of the year can come up with a better defensive scheme than having our smallest guys defending their biggest guys under the bucket. 

They were forcing a switch on the perimeter with picks and then spreading it out to isolate the guy inside on the guard. Smart adjustment by their coach but very common and we've seen it many times this year in many games. No excuse not to adjust and play the pick differently. 

14 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Period?  What, are you a hockey fan?

Dammit, I was trying really hard not to sound like a newb and say "quarter"

14 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Period?  What, are you a hockey fan?

Dammit, I was trying really hard not to sound like a newb and say "quarter"

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

They haven’t shot 3s which is their specialty. Texas overshot, they undershot. Texas will win but I wont be shocked if it’s a pretty good battle. 

None of what you're saying makes sense but I agree it could be tight. Colgate is good. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Even though it’s against our switch everything defensive system, we need to just stop switching on the ball screen and leave our big man on their fat body dude.  Their guards aren’t going to hurt us if we don’t switch.  It’s not like we’re trying to stay in front of Kyrie Irving.

Dude they're the #1 3P% in the nation.