New Orleans @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

There are reasons to be optimistic from here on out.

We’re not without pop offensively. And Campbell is showing life. We’re pretty patient. We do take good swings. On the whole the UNO probably took more away than they gave away this weekend. Some youngest guys are showing life. But also EK and Daly have looked poor on certain ABs then regroup and change that.

UNO with 5 runs, 11 hits. They really didn’t threaten much and didn’t have that many hard hit balls.

We have depth in the staff and the lineup. There’s a better lefty/righty mix than we’ve had pitching-wise. Our starting rotation could turn into a very solid grouping then with some bullpen depth leftover.

I’m more optimistic than confident. It kinda feels as though the team is confident but in a good spot emotionally.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Agreed. I think this weak part of the schedule came at the perfect time and the team is starting to feel itself.

But we won't know for sure until next weekend.

Beat Incarnate Word and make it 11 straight!

Splitting with Tech and OSU, overall, and beating aggy would be huge for our RPI and résumé down the stretch. Beating (more so, not losing to) Texas State twice would also really help.

Taking the series against OSU, and surprisingly, West Virginia, are really the only big RPI boost chances Texas has remaining.

19 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

My youngest called the DC homerun. His favorite player was EK until Andre D signed his hat at the end of the game. I have been missing out by not going to these games. I will take the kids again soon. They had an absolute blast. HOOKEM

Texas baseball games are the best. As are Texas baseball fans. The crowd is always more blue collar and, um, Mexican than at football or basketball games. The energy is just different and more genuine imo.

• Hook 'Em 1