2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Tiger is playing like crap.

Bunker off tee on 2nd. Had to lay up. Shitty wedge shot. 2 putt for par while Xander made birdie and Victor made egale.

Chipped it short on 3, rolled back down hill to him. Had to chip again. And then badly misses 7 foot par putt.

Tiger isn’t really a tour level player anymore. Him making the cut is a huge accomplishment.

The masters.com website/coverage of the tournament always blows me away every year. Multiple video feeds plus the ability to drill to any shot, on any hole, from any player directly from the scorecard kicks so much ass. Not only is the functionality offered so far superior to any other tournament, the backend is rock solid. Shit just works every time. Videos launch instantly, no buffering....just a solid implementation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Cam Young with 3 straight birdies. I'm pulling for him this week. Would be hella cool for him to finally win. To get his first tour win at the Masters would be incredible.

It's the first day. If he's in contention on Sunday, I will definitely keep my mouth shut. Right now, he's pitching in the first inning. It's ok to talk about a possible no hitter, I think?

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The masters.com website/coverage of the tournament always blows me away every year. Multiple video feeds plus the ability to drill to any shot, on any hole, from any player directly from the scorecard kicks so much ass. Not only is the functionality offered so far superior to any other tournament, the backend is rock solid. Shit just works every time. Videos launch instantly, no buffering....just a solid implementation. 

For sure.  On a rainy day I Austin, it's a wonderful watch.  

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

All of this. I’m currently using a really shitty internet connection and it’s running as smooth as silk. Netflix apparently agrees. 

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

All of this. I’m currently using a really shitty internet connection and it’s running as smooth as silk. Netflix apparently agrees. 

I think the website/app were originally built by IBM to run on top of Watson, and they remain heavily involved today along with the Masters digital team.  Its the only legitimate reason I can think of for IBM to even exist any longer. 

https://www.ibm.com/sports/masters/

36 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I think the website/app were originally built by IBM to run on top of Watson, and they remain heavily involved today along with the Masters digital team.  Its the only legitimate reason I can think of for IBM to even exist any longer. 

https://www.ibm.com/sports/masters/

They sell $60B/yr worth of something. 

My 7 golfers in our pool (pick 2 from OWGR 1-10, 2 from 11-20, and 3 from 21+, total winning $$ wins) are Rahm/Scheffler, Morikawa/C Young, and Niemann/Fleetwood/Rose.  Off to a decent early start.  Hovland racing out of the gate though.  Hard to win without picking the winner, unless no one picks him.

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Bubba hits the flagstick on 15, spins backward and into the water and ends up with double bogey. Lulz

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Did Tiger just injure himself with that standing in bunker shot?

They didn't like him before he jumped to LIV. I don't imagine it's gotten any better.

I think Tiger was protecting it more than anything there.

Like him or not, FIGJAM forced the PGA Tour's hand into creating some exclusive, no-cut, LIV-lite type events that will make them a shit-load of money.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Tiger, DJ, Cam Young, Spieth, Scottie, JT, Rory, BDC. 

is it cheating to take BDC since he’s playing a par 67 and everyone else is playing a 72?  

On 4/4/2023 at 8:59 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Augusta is a big hitters place.  BDC is a big hitter.  One day it's going to make sense for him out there (I think). We will see.  I mean, I took Tiger as well so it's not like I'm planning on winning this thing. 

On 4/4/2023 at 10:52 AM, heso said:

I’d put money on him missing the cut over finishing top 20. 

On 4/4/2023 at 10:58 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably.  Maybe.  WE will see. If he gets hot he can overpower that course.  He probably won't be but that's my one from "long shot" division. 

BDC starts with a double-bogey at 1 and was +4 through 14. Of course, before I hit submit he eagles 15 and is +2 now.

It was pretty cool to see Fred Couples at 63 playing better than quite a few on the leaderboard. 

Scottie may not be as exciting to watch for some as Jordan…but I appreciate the overall consistency of his game. 🤘🏼🤘🏼 Good luck to them both. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Like 1