2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:
That’s just an awful fucking decision. 

Time for a caddie that will take the club out of his hand. Stupid shot.

Yep. That's just bad caddying by Greller. It was an insanely stupid decision for a player that possesses the wedge game and putting of Spieth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Jordan 3 straight birdies. 

Who had Jordan hitting the water twice on holes 11 through 13 and one of those WASN'T #12.

Jordan doing Jordan things today. He's played 13 holes and I think has only five pars.

Is that a drop zone where Tom Kim played his 5th from?  Otherwise I don't see how he gets to play from there.  I would've thought his only 2 options were from the bunker again, or from the fairway on the otherside of the water, keeping the point of entry in line with the flag.

Watching Jordan play is so high and low. Yeah, 5 birdies on the front 9. Goes swimming 2x on the back 9. 

One hole he's playing like the greatest golfer in the world. Next hole he's playing like me (yep, I hit a guy in the leg, too. He was walking his dog on the course). 

Jordan, don't play like me. 

spiethcoaster is fully engaged.   he might win a couple more majors in his career because it just all comes together magically but his head won't allow himself to have any consistency.  he threw away 3 strokes by just being a dumbass.

• Like 1

spiethcoaster is fully engaged.   he might win a couple more majors in his career because it just all comes together magically but his head won't allow himself to have any consistency.  he threw away 3 strokes by just being a dumbass.
And that's it. Course management kills him. A great caddie would save him 2-3 strokes a round.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

He just looks like a red-ass aggy too. I kind of surprised he doesn't wear Corps boots on the course.

he is an aggie through and through, he's also a great kid from an awesome family and he lost his dad to early onset Alzheimers a couple years ago. What a horrible fucking disease.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Despite the Spiethcoaster, I remain encouraged. His putting changes look to be good. His t shots now shape differently, mostly for the better. He might compete this week. 

He’s finished top 3 5 out 9 times there, the expectation should always be that he will compete. 

21 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Despite the Spiethcoaster, I remain encouraged. His putting changes look to be good. His t shots now shape differently, mostly for the better. He might compete this week. 

clickity-clack, clickity-clack

• Rage+1 1

I literally LOL when I saw stonefaced, tight lipped, Greller just stand there holding a new ball for Spieth …

This was my first thought

9710c89afbd0da34e056e35b0ba11b94.gif

Scottie missed so many putts, he could have easily shot a 64.

Watching the amateur Aggie hang with him and Homa was great. But when he took too much club on 18 and then Homa hit it close you could tell who is pro. His whole putting ritual isn’t quite developed yet, but if I’m that kid walking off 18 with a 68 my heart is beating through my chest while it registers that I could win this thing one day.

Reminds me of Rose’s first round at the Toonament. Damn I’m getting old.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

This was my first thought

9710c89afbd0da34e056e35b0ba11b94.gif

Scottie missed so many putts, he could have easily shot a 64.

Watching the amateur Aggie hang with him and Homa was great. But when he took too much club on 18 and then Homa hit it close you could tell who is pro. His whole putting ritual isn’t quite developed yet, but if I’m that kid walking off 18 with a 68 my heart is beating through my chest while it registers that I could win this thing one day.

Reminds me of Rose’s first round at the Toonament. Damn I’m getting old.

How a out remembering that tiger won it all in 97 and it seems like yesterday and you remember  where you were and then realize that was 26 years ago. Or that your movie reference is 30 YO and everyone in the thread is nodding and most saw in the theater. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

These guys starting at 1pm

todsy are kind of screwed 

seems like more of a British Open type issue - too many Opens where the draw seems to have a significant influence on the outcome. 
Everyone thought the early/late times for Tiger were to his advantage......guess not

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fuck me Koepka gets to tee off early today. 

That cocksucker is going to win this. 

Koepka is in a good position for this Masters.  If he doesn't back up, folks are gonna have to play their asses off to beat him.

Best chance for Koepka to lose might be due to an injury from wild sex with his crazy wife...

jena-sims-1-1.jpg?resize=782,1024&qualit

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah this may be cooked. 

Him winning would be fun for golf, though. Maybe it will get Rory to quit playing like dogshit at majors. 

LOL - you have an interesting view of playing like dogshit.
2022 was pretty shitty alright - major finished 2, 8, T5, 3; I know he hasn't won a major in almost a decade. He also had 3 PGA wins last year and a EuroTour win this year.
But he has set a high bar, and people have high expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1