2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

21 hours ago, Stringer said:

This is a very generous sentence:

"The balance of the estate went to charities that had as their goal controlling the growth of population that he saw as the preponderant threat to the world." 

The more truthful way to say it would be:

"Roberts hated children and while he was a very conservative man, he was a strong advocate for abortion.  As such, the balance of his estate went to Planned Parenthood."

You can always tell a Milford Man. 

16 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So weird that we lost that date. 

The HGA fucked it up.  Shell pulled out as the sponsor and the HGA didn’t have the right stuff to find another sponsor.  Thus, the slot was lost.  Pity because the pros loved the course set up at the Golf Club of Houston and we had a great field being the week before the Masters.  Then Crane came along.  He gets it done.  

13 minutes ago, HouTex said:

The HGA fucked it up.  Shell pulled out as the sponsor and the HGA didn’t have the right stuff to find another sponsor.  Thus, the slot was lost.  Pity because the pros loved the course set up at the Golf Club of Houston and we had a great field being the week before the Masters.  Then Crane came along.  He gets it done.  

sure. I just guess I mean it was weird that the HGA fucked it up and a city as big as Houston had a hard time finding a title sponsor for a slightly better than mid tier event.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Usually, the week immediately before the Masters doesn’t get the best of fields. Not many top players played the week before this year’s.

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Usually, the week immediately before the Masters doesn’t get the best of fields. Not many top players played the week before this year’s.

That's been the case recently and perhaps before the Shell Houston Open moved from The Woodlands to what is now the Golf Club of Houston in Humble.  When it was at the GCH and it was scheduled the week before the Masters they were able to set up the green complexes similar to Augusta National--this was widely discussed during the telecasts--and many pros who would otherwise take the week off before the Masters would come to the Shell Houston Open.  The tournament had an excellent field before Shell pulled out.  Lefty, Spieth, DJ, Reed, Rose, JT, Garcia and many other top pros would usually play.  Check out the leaderboards from 2015-2018 (the last year it was played the week before the Masters).  Of course, Tiger never plays the week before a major--I believe with no exceptions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, HouTex said:

That's been the case recently and perhaps before the Shell Houston Open moved from The Woodlands to what is now the Golf Club of Houston in Humble.  When it was at the GCH and it was scheduled the week before the Masters they were able to set up the green complexes similar to Augusta National--this was widely discussed during the telecasts--and many pros who would otherwise take the week off before the Masters would come to the Shell Houston Open.  The tournament had an excellent field before Shell pulled out.  Lefty, Spieth, DJ, Reed, Rose, JT, Garcia and many other top pros would usually play.  Check out the leaderboards from 2015-2018 (the last year it was played the week before the Masters).  Of course, Tiger never plays the week before a major--I believe with no exceptions.  

Tiger also had a beef with the HGA.  When he was an amateur,  they wouldn't offer him an exemption into the field.  Really stupid since he was working with Butch out at Lochinvar at the time.  Good call, Steve Timms.

21 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Tiger also had a beef with the HGA.  When he was an amateur,  they wouldn't offer him an exemption into the field.  Really stupid since he was working with Butch out at Lochinvar at the time.  Good call, Steve Timms.

Monumentally stupid if that happened after his second or third US Am title.  After he won his second US Am I had floor tickets to a Rockets game and he was sitting a couple of seats away.  I said to my wife that this guy is the next Jack Nicklaus.  It was obvious to any fan of golf that he was destined for greatness.