2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Doesn't seem to be bothering Phil

Phil's played s lot more critical Sundays, plus at his age, the LIV is perfect, beyond perfect for him. Play less golf, make more money. 

I swear if Reed wins, I'll stop watching golf

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

the Speith shot on the par 5 on Day 1 was the perfect example of the old adage "you can't win the tournament on Thursday'Friday but you can lose it"

Actually, Jordan’s first nine 40 in Round 3 was ultimately cost him the tournament.

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
10 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:
Phil is killin it today too

I would not bet against Phil winning another green jacket. As improbable as it is, he can carve this course in ways others can't .

Some players just know how to play this course better than others. Jordan, Phil, Tiger, Jack, Freddie

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Can you imagine a Phil/rham playoff where Phil's caddie was rhams college coach and his first agent?  

I love Phil. But that won’t happen. Rahm too solid. I hate watching Fat Pat climb up leaderboard. He’s on fire and has a real chance. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I appreciate that CBS is trying to show as few Reed shots as they can even as he is in contention.

Two birdies ago, Georgia’s favorite son got zero applause after sinking one. It’s great but to a narcissist like that it fuels him. 

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I love Phil. But that won’t happen. Rahm too solid. I hate watching Fat Pat climb up leaderboard. He’s on fire and has a real chance. 

Agree. Rham is too solid to drop back that far with the opportunities he has on the back. But a girl can dream. 

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

3 hours to play 10 holes. Let’s move it guys. 

that's probably killing Koepka more than anything.  LIV golf is probably pretty quick because everyone makes money the minute they tee off.

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Agree. Rham is too solid to drop back that far with the opportunities he has on the back. But a girl can dream. 

The ghost of Seve is lurking.  with Phil playing the role of Jack.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He kind of has to do stuff like that to win against guys who have so much more distance, though.   Obviously, doing something really stupid doesn’t benefit him or anyone else, but he has to take chances and have a more aggressive mindset.  If he just goes by the book, his chances of winning majors are limited to the odd British Open where bad weather  neutralizes the bombers. 

I don’t understand why people say this. Spieth has plenty of distance.