2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

43 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s easy for me to root for—even though an aggy. I can’t imagine having my dad (lost him fairly early in my life) to Alzheimer’s so young. My aunt was diagnosed with the same disease but in mid sixties. His dad was diagnosed at 46 years old. So sad. Obviously I would prefer Jordan or Scottie to win it all…

He was a good dude too, it was heartbreaking seeing what it did to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

On a text chain with some buddies from kids' school. Scuttlebutt is that some kid at HP placed a $100 wager on Bennett to win the toonamint. Stands to win $200K if it happens.

It will be a good gambling lesson for him when he doesn't win. 

Although maybe he can cash that ticket out for a few grand?

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Driver is hurting Spieth today... 

Poor drive on #13 and #15 for Spieth.

And a couple disappointing wedges on #13 and #15 followed by a really disappointing short birdie attempt on #16 for Jordan.

Like yesterday, Spieth missing several opportunities to be much closer to the leaders...

Edited by LTtxfan

Even if he is Johnny Manziel, an amateur being in second at the end of day two at the Masters is pretty damn impressive. 

Question, given he is still in college, can he keep the prize money? I guess it's enough that you'd literally just drop out if you couldn't keep it. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It will be a good gambling lesson for him when he doesn't win. 

Although maybe he can cash that ticket out for a few grand?

HP kid learning a valuable lesson over a $100 bet!?!?

dr-evil-right.gif

(Probably learns a worse lesson if he wins, though $200K payout affords quite a few more $100 flyers!)

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Question, given he is still in college, can he keep the prize money? I guess it's enough that you'd literally just drop out if you couldn't keep it. 

Not sure if you can say you're no longer an amateur at the end of the event if you "win" a ton of money or win outright. No, he can't take the money and retain collegiate status. That makes him a pro. In the days of NIL, he'll legally be able to bank lots of money after this weekend most likely whether he was able to take his prize winnings or not.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:42 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I don't know - I'd kinda like to see Phil make the cut, on the number, then hit balls into the water on 11,12,13,15, and 16. I would love to see the interview after he shot a nice little 85 on Saturday, and then gets his ass kicked by Jeff Knox on Sunday

Fucking Phil - for Easter weekend he is like Lazarus rising again

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

During 3rd Rd Saturday, do they play in pairs???

Yes, pairs are usually how they handle the final two rounds. Perhaps they go to threesomes if there's a chance it helps them finish Sunday.

Dear God, this Bennett kid sounds like the stereotypical aggy.

cropped-aggypedia_favicon-1-270x270.jpg

And I think this got posted yesterday.

image.thumb.png.48f31ea4e160e13c567582575d1ba463.png

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Even if he is Johnny Manziel, an amateur being in second at the end of day two at the Masters is pretty damn impressive. 

Yeah, i'll root for Paul Wall to keep playing well. What a story that would be. Seems to be a decent guy.

43 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm sure aggy athletic department will try to claim it belongs to them. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

The TV broadcast hasn't started on ESPN -- they're not allowed to show much (if any) golf on ESPN until 2 central, I think. The only places to see live action is in the app, at Masters.com or on ESPN+.

Who's old enough to remember when CBS was only allowed to televise the back 9 on Saturday and Sunday?  That was it or tv coverage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

No he can't keep the money. He would have had to turn pro before the event. Also he only qualified because he won the us amateur, which gives him entry to the masters, us open, and open championship for this year as long as he stays an amateur.

Basically if he turned pro before the tournament, he would be watching it at home with the rest of us instead of playing.

He will probably get some sweet nil money from base pro shops or the Dixie chicken after this though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

No he can't keep the money. He would have had to turn pro before the event. Also he only qualified because he won the us amateur, which gives him entry to the masters, us open, and open championship for this year as long as he stays an amateur.

Basically if he turned pro before the tournament, he would be watching it at home with the rest of us instead of playing.

He will probably get some sweet nil money from base pro shops or the Dixie chicken after this though.

Conservatively it would be worth $50M to his career if he won as an AM. Hideki’s green jacket was apparently worth 200M or something like that- this would probably be the second most valuable green jacket ever. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Conservatively it would be worth $50M to his career if he won as an AM. Hideki’s green jacket was apparently worth 200M or something like that- this would probably be the second most valuable green jacket ever. 

I was obviously joking about the nil impact for aggy.

Hell Greg might throw 50M at him Sunday.