2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

43 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

These guys just got straight up horse ducked by the draw. Open style where you basically have 9 of the top 10 guys from early late or late early. There’s nothing that can be done about it obviously but I hate it when that happens. Mars a tournament IMO. 
makes what Rahm was doing, especially with his I mees I mees I mees I make tribute to Seve on #1 Thursday that much more impressive. 
I love Socttie and he’s fucking awesome but nobody is as good as Rahm at the top of his game. 

I think I heard on the broadcast that the early group played the back 9 at 16 over, while the later group was sitting at something like 130 over on the back 9. I’m probably a bit off on those numbers, but it was a staggering difference unless I completely misheard 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They should send them all home after these last guys finish up and say see you Sunday. That ain’t championship level golf these guys are playing right now. 

Could also go with groups of 3, and tee off on both #1 and #10 to speed up the 3rd Rd.  

Feels like koepka has been given a huge gift in addition to his great play. Of the guys within 6 of him, one is an amateur and can be ignored and the other is going to be plying 27 today, weather permitting. 

only negative I can think of is that rahm has had 9 holes at these conditions today already and should be dialed in for all of his round 3, while brooks may have to adjust on the fly on his front 9 to  get the new feel. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Feels like koepka has been given a huge gift in addition to his great play. Of the guys within 6 of him, one is an amateur and can be ignored and the other is going to be plying 27 today, weather permitting. 

only negative I can think of is that rahm has had 9 holes at these conditions today already and should be dialed in for all of his round 3, while brooks may have to adjust on the fly on his front 9 to  get the new feel. 

Rahm is playing unreal right now and is a better golfer than Brooks. It will 100% be one of them but it feels like a coin flip right now. 

As shitty as it has been for these guys having to get up so early and play in this mess, I wonder if they (particularly Rahm) have an advantage from getting a good feel for the course in this. That’s assuming they can’t get in a full round. Hard to imagine his energy/focus holding up through 18 more today.

8 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I think I heard on the broadcast that the early group played the back 9 at 16 over, while the later group was sitting at something like 130 over on the back 9. I’m probably a bit off on those numbers, but it was a staggering difference unless I completely misheard 

Ok. Back 9 only. That’s where the disconnect was with the +130 mentioned earlier and the +88 graphic. 
Thanks

I can’t figure out the My Group page on the app. I’ve got my favorite players selected, but I rarely see anything available. And when I do, it’s stuff that happened several minutes prior. And it doesn’t let me watch the clips more than once. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

As shitty as it has been for these guys having to get up so early and play in this mess, I wonder if they (particularly Rahm) have an advantage from getting a good feel for the course in this. That’s assuming they can’t get in a full round. Hard to imagine his energy/focus holding up through 18 more today.

No way it’s an advantage. The longer you are out there the more miserable it gets. I expect Rahm to shoot 76- 80 if he has to stick around and play 18 (and he’s awesome) Tiger probably shoots 90. He ought to stand at the back of the 18th green, waive and say thanks- see you next year. 

9 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Rahm gets more rest than the other guys finishing this morning since he's in the final group with Koepka... so it should help him recover better before going back out for Rd 3.

Edited by LTtxfan

Y’all are basically best friends

These fuckin Aggies, I swear. One of the other brothers is marrying a Sip next month and my toast to the bride will be “Darwin said we need a healthy, diverse gene pool. Thanks for doing your part.”

I was invited to a watch party today and my excuse is that I need to go work on my boat.

God help us if the kid wins the Mahsters Toonamint. It’s bad enough that my favorite golfers not stricken with Lyme’s disease went to Texas.

Some of y'all seem confused about this aggy amateur. He isn't winning the Masters. Not in a billion years. Not only is this a pretty clear 2 horse race, the ag is going to card something in the vicinity of a 77 today. Him breaking par would be the most insane thing anyone does all tournament. 

2023 Masters Saturday third round tee times and pairings 

Starting on the 1st Tee    (Eastern times)

11:30 a.m.: Adam Scott, Patrick Cantlay, Cameron Smith

11:42 a.m. Tom Kim, Keegan Bradley, Xander Schauffele

11:54 a.m. Hideki Matsuyama, Harris English, Matt Fitzpatrick

12:06 a.m.Kyoung-Hoon Lee, Ryan Fox, Patrick Reed

12:18 p.m. Justin Rose, Russell Henley, Shane Lowry

12:30 p.m. Gary Woodland, Phil Mickelson, Joaquin Niemann

12:42 p.m. Sam Burns, Jordan Spieth, Cameron Young

12:54 p.m. Collin Morikawa, Viktor Hovland, Jason Day

1:06 p.m. Brooks Koepka, Jon Rahm, *Sam Bennett

Starting on the 10th Tee

11:30 a.m. Sepp Straka, Harold Varner III, Dustin Johnson

11:42 a.m. Scottie Scheffler, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau

11:54 a.m. Sahith Theegala, Abraham Ancer, Mito Pereira

12:06 p.m. Tyrrell Hatton, Max Homa, Chris Kirk

12:18 p.m. Taylor Moore, Si Woo Kim, Zach Johnson

12:30 p.m. Fred Couples, Mackenzie Hughes, Seamus Power

12:42 p.m. J.T. Poston, Talor Gooch, Keith Mitchell

12:54 p.m. Charl Schwartzel, Billy Horschel, Scott Stallings

1:06 p.m. Thomas Pieters, Tiger Woods, Sungjae Im

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Some of y'all seem confused about this aggy amateur. He isn't winning the Masters. Not in a billion years. Not only is this a pretty clear 2 horse race, the ag is going to card something in the vicinity of a 77 today. Him breaking par would be the most insane thing anyone does all tournament. 

A 77 would be somewhat impressive.  Gonna be a lot of scores that start with an 8 this afternoon.  Sandy Lyle and Larry Mize would’ve struggled to break 100 if this storm came through yesterday morning.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

A 77 would be somewhat impressive.  Gonna be a lot of scores that start with an 8 this afternoon.  Sandy Lyle and Larry Mize would’ve struggled to break 100 if this storm came through yesterday morning.

I would like to take that back.  It looks like the weather has calmed down a bit.

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

not confused about anything, hope he does well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Tiger doesn’t look like he wants to play the weekend.

Fun fact - just found out that Bennett’s caddie’s wife is my son’s brother in law’s middle school teacher in CS. Poor kid is 10 and will be a 6th generation Corps guy.

Bennett's mom and my wife were cheerleaders together in junior high and high school.

Edited by hookem48
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Odd that they won’t do some on the fly negotiations and allow golf network to show live golf until 2. Instead, I’m watching practice for the guys teeing off in a half hour. 

Why would they need to do that when you can watch it live right now at Masters.com?

• Hook 'Em 1