2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah the choice of who played when was weird af 

The no my west they could put Duke as the stand alone game in the best time slot (early afternoon)

was to don it the way they did it, end. You consider that the only way to get that game by itself was to start the other game at its venue first. From there all the games are in the same 2 windows and it doesn’t matter. 

Do all three 1 Seeds survive today?  UH most vulnerable?  Obligatory it sucks we’re spoon fed the first three games today and tomorrow.  
I thought UH would go down this rd to Auburn since the bracket came out. Then they looked pretty shitty in game 1 and with the injuries I feel even more confident that it will most likely happen.

Then again I thought Purdue wouldn't step/jump/stomp on its own dick so what the fuck do I know

If Duke can get by a not full strength TN today, things are opening up for them.  They should beat FAU/FDU and if they don’t, shame on them.  The top half of that bracket was not ideal for Duke as Purdue and Tennessee aren’t great matchups for them.   KSU, Marquette and MSU are all pretty good matchups, though. 

I like one of Furman or Princeton to win today and will be betting money lines on both.  I also think there is good value in the Maryland money line at +330 if Miller truly isn’t 100%. One of the 1s will fall and for some reason I don’t think it will be Houston.  

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Self is out yet again today. No offense to Norm Roberts, but Arky has a definite coaching advantage today 

Hogs are formidable enough to beat KU with Self on the bench, should be a good one regardless.  I'm sticking to my guns( no pun intended) that Bama goes down to Maryland today. 

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Do all three 1 Seeds survive today?  UH most vulnerable?  Obligatory it sucks we’re spoon fed the first three games today and tomorrow.  

#1 seed UH playing Awwwbrrrn in Birmingham seems like a real fuckup by the Committee...

the Kawhi Leonards look good but consider the competition. 

some great matchups today    

rooting for Barnes over Duke, Hogs over Hawks and I think they'll win. Yes, I hate KU more than Arkansas.  Houston is going down vs. Auburn. Penn State is very hot, scary game. 

Oh, and the only TruTV game this weekend is FDU vs. FAU, lulz. 

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

I thought UH would go down this rd to Auburn since the bracket came out. Then they looked pretty shitty in game 1 and with the injuries I feel even more confident that it will most likely happen.

Then again I thought Purdue wouldn't step/jump/stomp on its own dick so what the fuck do I know

Always rest assured that even if you feel that you know nothing that you still are probably better at predicting winners than Helobious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

If SDSU can play like this next week, they can beat Alabama.

They have to come into that game with a guns blazin’ mentality. If they stay aggressive and shoot from the hip they can win. They can’t be in a prone position against a team like Bama. You have to have your hand on the trigger for 40 minutes and be ready to empty the chamber if you want to beat them.

Edited by UpperWestside

6 hours ago, Scraps said:

Auburn is a stupid team that can't shoot. Even with the injuries UH is going to kill them in the paint.

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Auburn is a stupid team that can't shoot. Even with the injuries UH is going to kill them in the paint.

Like I said in the first round AU is like Anarchy on the Hardwood. They can jump out to a big lead and then do its best to help that lead evaporate. They have a shot against Houston but, they have to be really, really disciplined. Not sure the Tigers can do that for 40 minutes.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Like I said in the first round AU is like Anarchy on the Hardwood. They can jump out to a big lead and then do its best to help that lead evaporate. They have a shot against Houston but, they have to be really, really disciplined. Not sure the Tigers can do that for 40 minutes.

Which makes sense because that sounds exactly like their coach 

Edited by UTexasFight

• Pancho unpinned this topic