2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

A&M guy says the greatest tournament is a terrible way to crown a champion because it is single-elimination.

How Bizarre Reaction GIF

No shit.  If a 68 team tourney doesn’t crown a champ, then there’s nothing that will.  It’s fucking glorious.  And painful.  And everything in between.  It’s perfect.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

No shit.  If a 68 team tourney doesn’t crown a champ, then there’s nothing that will.  It’s fucking glorious.  And painful.  And everything in between.  It’s perfect.

Double elimination is how you really find a champ. That’s why aggy has such a gloriously rich tradition in the baseball tournament and all those trips to Omaha and championships there. 

• Haha 9

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It's the best event in all of sport.

63 game 7's. 

What else could we want...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

unless you are aggy...then it is a communist plot to destroy the greatest athletic program that ever existed

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

aggy wants a best of three, unless they lose twice, then it should be best of five, unless they lose three times, then it should be best of seven, unless…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Bama is the only pro-looking team in the tournament. Their guys, athletically, are simply above and beyond everyone else. 

We'll see what the next 2 weeks hold for them, more off the court then anything else. So far, Bama's focus has been impressive. 

They have some killer talent, for sure.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Bama is the only pro-looking team in the tournament. Their guys, athletically, are simply above and beyond everyone else. 

We'll see what the next 2 weeks hold for them, more off the court then anything else. So far, Bama's focus has been impressive. 

Which is why I think that Alabama/SDSU game will be crazy nuts. SDSU is long and athletic, which is what you need to beat Alabama. The problem for Alabama is will they bey healthy. I thought Miller was hurt or at least not 100% this round

Just now, Pancho said:

Which is why I think that Alabama/SDSU game will be crazy nuts. SDSU is long and athletic, which is what you need to beat Alabama. The problem for Alabama is will they bey healthy. I thought Miller was hurt or at least not 100% this round

Strained groin, but seemed to be fine tonight. 

SDSU has what it takes to beat Bama, especially if the latter isn't shooting the 3.

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Bama is dead to me. I don't give a damn about them and I will never watch them play unless they are playing Texas, which is thankfully unlikely to happen in this tournament.

We all live in gray areas in this game but they went too far. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Starting two frosh and a soph is going to eventually bite them I think. 

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Bama is dead to me. I don't give a damn about them and I will never watch them play unless they are playing Texas, which is thankfully unlikely to happen in this tournament.

We all live in gray areas in this game but they went too far. 

There's a ton of scum there, and in that conference 

Welcome to the SEC, Texas. 

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I will grant them that a single elimination tournament is the worst way to to make sure the best team is the champion (in any sport at any level, that's just the nature of competition because upsets happen). But that's not what the tournament is about. The tournament is about crowning a champion and it's the best way to do that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sans the Missouri abortion, indeed. 

Just amazing drama. Again, we get these one and done games and it's incredible.

Literally watching Purdue wilt in front of our eyes yesterday against a team it would beat 99 times out of 100, just can't be beat at any level of sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Wulaw seems to be struggling a bit late at night.  He’s had some significant life changes recently so most of us are cutting him some slack for the time being.

It’s my damn phone. Autocorrected big 10 to if 10. Basically big 10 shit the bed. Same as it ever was. 

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

So far, Bama's focus has been impressive. 

This is why I thought they’d slip up, get bounced early given the off court distractions, being the bad guys of the tournament but they were methodical in their dismantling of Maryland last night. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s my damn phone. Autocorrected big 10 to if 10. Basically big 10 shit the bed. Same as it ever was. 

Nothing wrong with just 10…

image.jpeg.18073581b37df28808f33de2da3bbb78.jpeg

• Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

This is why I thought they’d slip up, get bounced early given the off court distractions, being the bad guys of the tournament but they were methodical in their dismantling of Maryland last night. 

Nothing wrong with just 10…

image.jpeg.18073581b37df28808f33de2da3bbb78.jpeg

8E3B2164-36E2-45DA-8A1D-CCBD1F6235C8.gif

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I’m still confused on how a Pittsburgh/auburn bro is on a Texas message board when we really never play either team

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I’m sure that like most fans of other schools who are here, he found his way here because he saw @THUJONE ms paint masterpieces posted somewhere else, liked our particular brand of humor, and decided to stick around.

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Jesus, fuck, this has to be a troll, and I know it isn't.

I'm glad the move to the SEC is getting these weirdos more national exposure.  Our little regional joke has made the big time and it's only gonna get better from here.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's the best event in all of sport.

63 game 7's. 

What else could we want...

67 games?

I love March Madness, but the pursuit of  Lord Stanley's Cup is a magnificent spectacle of sport in its own right.  Not sure I would pick one over the other,  They're both great!

• Pancho unpinned this topic