2023 NCAA Tournament - Second Round

Pancho

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They just talked about how good he is with one day of prep time. If Izzo gets by KSU, Barnes is in trouble 

I'll be forever grateful for Sparty beating OMZion and Duke a few years ago, would've been nice had they done it again last season. 

Edited by Underdog

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

beating Izzo's Sparty and Jim Calhoun's UCONN team in the S16 and E8 is essentially as good as it gets for that era. super impressive FF run. 

And Maryland with Gary Williams was the 4th team.  That was a stacked field in San Antonio.

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's a beating listening to Barkley talk college basketball. Last time I tuned in to him w/ detail he said A/M was too athletic for Penn State and would win by DD. 

Smart basketball mind, but touches CBB 3 days before the tournament starts. Dumb.

They should just stick with Kenny.

FYI....Its maximum usefulness is during the first round when there are 4 games going at the same time, but I just remembered that NCAA.com lets you watch multiple games at the same time. If you have chromecast or a TV with built in streaming its an easy way to switch between games. Interface on your PC/tablet looks like this

image.thumb.png.fcba8a7b7766fee7e06e137f03069c57.png

Switching games, switching audio, going full screen is really fast and you dont have fuck with changing channels. You do have to provide NCAA.com  with your cable/streaming credentials or you only get a brief trial period. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Creighton has some fuckin ballers, man. It's weird they didn't do better in the regular season - were they playing through injuries or something?

Just remembered they were high in kenpom all year - they had one of the worst luck coefficients though. I guess they had a lot of bounces go the other way in close losses. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

FYI....Its maximum usefulness is during the first round when there are 4 games going at the same time, but I just remembered that NCAA.com lets you watch multiple games at the same time. If you have chromecast or a TV with built in streaming its an easy way to switch between games. Interface on your PC/tablet looks like this

image.thumb.png.fcba8a7b7766fee7e06e137f03069c57.png

Switching games, switching audio, going full screen is really fast and you dont have fuck with changing channels. You do have to provide NCAA.com  with your cable/streaming credentials or you only get a brief trial period. 

YouTube TV also has that. Just dropped for the tournament.

Just now, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

YouTube TV also has that. Just dropped for the tournament.

Well not for everyone, they rolled it out to a portion of their subscribers, and I didnt make the cut. 

The company says this slower rollout of multiview will allow the company to collect feedback from subscribers before it becomes more broadly available, hopefully by NFL football season later this fall. Over time, YouTube will also add more functionality to multiview, including the option to customize your own multiview streams. It plans to expand multiview to the main YouTube app, as well.

He's just as uninformed as Barkley. They cover the NBA all season and are supposed to know college basketball with a moments notice.
Stupid.

I still don't get this. They are fun personalities but they don't follow college ball. Sure, they can watch a game and break it down but they know nothing about any of these players or coaches. Not sure why they are asked to do this year after year.
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Painter should give back a 1/4 of his salary for that abortion against a team that would struggle in a game at the Y.

Atrocious.

Hell, they have lost to a double digit  (a 13, a 15 and a 16) seeded team in the past three tournaments.  Painter has lost to a double digit seeded team 5 times in his time at Purdue.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I still don't get this. They are fun personalities but they don't follow college ball. Sure, they can watch a game and break it down but they know nothing about any of these players or coaches. Not sure why they are asked to do this year after year.

Precisely. It's stupid.

Almost as stupid as emphasizing breathing exercises during a crucial moment of a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic